Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Regional Manager
Company: Essendant Inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Supply Chain
Continuous Improvement Regional Manager DescriptionSupply Chain
Continuous Improvement Regional ManagerWork Hours:: 8AM - 5PMMajor
- Educate, train, and coach site leadership in the utilization of
Lean concepts and tools.
- Prepare, develop, and maintain Standard Operations Procedures
and instructional manuals for all supply chain operations.
- Work with site leadership to develop and implement standard
work for warehouse area leaders and management.
- Perform operational/process reviews at centers. Utilize Lean to
implement strategies both strategic and tactical to improve
operational effectiveness through the elimination of non-value
- Develop project plans and execute on them. Define and sequence
activities, estimate duration, and develop schedules. Ensure
consistent application of processes for all projects (RACI).
- Manage the process within a matrix model to complete identified
projects on-time and within budget.
- Quantitatively determine and track expected productivity
improvement and savings from Lean events, and tie savings to
dashboard and/or KBU.
- Achieve and sustain Lean Champion certification status.
- Develop bench strength by developing multiple Lean Leaders
within each assigned facility.
- Train facilities on the utilization and update within the Lean
- Develop and administer Lean training in a consistent format
- Provide guidance and review in annual budget preparation and
capital expenditure requirements, as pertaining to labor (Warehouse
Payroll and Office) and equipment requirements for warehouse
- Monitor monthly performance to region budgeted goal to ensure
effective management control of warehouse payroll, office, and
- Review operational dashboard to identify sites needing hands-on
assistance driving performance improvement.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Quantitative Dimensions
- LEAN is a process of continuous improvement. Through this
process, quality is improved; productivity is increased with waste
elimination; resulting in cost reduction. Job focus is not limited
to current methods and procedures; the manager must be aware of
ever-changing methodologies that will provide improved processes,
identification of key drivers, and achieve results that can be
benchmarked with peer facilities as well as industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and advise on the
application of Operations Research methods (e.g. mathematical
modeling, statistical analysis, simulation, and optimization).
- Expert knowledge in measurement, data collection, analysis,
interpretation and presentation to support decision making or
- Demonstrated ability to support the planning, development and
implementation of unique and creative solutions to operational
- Strong ability to develop, lead, and work with cross-functional
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to take strong and
sometimes contrary positions when required.
- Solid understanding of quality systems and continuous process
improvement methodologies: Six Sigma, Lean Distribution,
Statistical Process Control, TQM, ISO 9000, GMP, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to present and train associates in a
classroom and floor setting.
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to meet
- Strong understanding of industry trends.Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, industrial & systems
engineering, operations research or related field experience
- Master's Degree in similar fields strongly preferred
- Experience in training, leading and facilitating LEAN events a
- A minimum of 2-3 years of field experience in supply chain
management or warehousing/manufacturing required; 5 years of
- Travel is required and may involve up to 50-60% of the
- Position is a feeder into distribution center leadership roles
and may require relocation
- 401k with matching
- Company Holidays
- Overtime Pay for hourly employees
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays, and Sick Time
- Maternity and Parental leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance ProgramESSENDANT Inc. is a leading national
distributor that fuels its customers growth with a vast product
assortment, world-class fulfillment network and a full suite of
advanced sales and marketing tools. We strive for more than just
success - we believe in building partnerships with our customers
and our employees. Our business wouldn't be thriving without our
hardworking team members. We value all they bring to our company
and offer a work environment that fosters training, mentoring and
personal growth. We are one team with endless possibilities. We are
Essendant. -Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Essendant Inc., Arlington Heights , Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Regional Manager, Professions , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...