Company: Path Engineering
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Path Engineering LLC (a staffing agency with years of experience
helping companies with high-volume hiring needs) is posting this
job on behalf of Amcor Flexibles Mundelein. Job Overview:
Responsibilities include and are not limited to: troubleshoots,
repairs, and maintains plant production machinery, support
equipment, building, and other systems throughout the site to
maintain optimum operating conditions and plant productivity. The
Maintenance Mechanic also assists with related upgrades,
improvements, and assigned projects as required.Flexible shift
schedules include 12 hour and 8 hour shifts
- 2-2-3, 12 hour schedule on days (6:00AM-6:00PM) or nights
(6:00PM-6:00AM). Must be available to work alternating weekends and
- 8 hour shift: Monday - Friday (6:00AM - 2:00PM)**Principal
- Receives and performs job assignments through work orders,
sketches, PM schedules, blueprints or verbal instructions. Follows
applicable codes and regulations on work performed.
- Responds to emergency requests for repairs/replacements.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a variety of production
machinery and equipment including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic
and pneumatic systems and parts.
- Installs, modifies and relocates machinery and equipment and
performs fabrication, welding, mechanical, electrical, electronics,
plumbing, carpentry, or other maintenance skills.
- Repairs and modifies buildings and plant systems as
- Reads and interprets manuals, schematics, blueprints, drawings,
and other written installation and repair instructions.
- Performs routine inspections and preventative maintenance of
assigned plant equipment, machinery and systems including gauges,
filters, fluid levels, system readings, cooling tower, gas burners,
air compressors, chillers, etc.
- Requisitions and secures materials, tools, and supplies needed
- Uses a variety of measuring and testing equipment to
troubleshoot, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment and
- Uses a wide range of shop, hand, and power tools common to the
various trades applied.
- Maintains specified records, logs and system readings.
- Troubleshooting and repair of components such as rolls, shafts,
bearings, drive belts, drive chains and gear boxes utilizing basic
mechanic's hand and power tools
- Troubleshooting and repair of pumps, valves and piping systems
to include pipe threading
- Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic cylinders and
- Troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic cylinders and
- Perform a routine setup and operate a drill press, lathe, mill
and grinding machine
- Perform basic layout, steel fabrication and welding of carbon
- Possess a knowledge of electrical schematic and mechanical
- Understanding of basic water treatment principles
- Document work completed on work orders
- Follow all prescribed environmental, safety and health
- Complies with sanitation guidelines and good manufacturing
practices related to neatness, product cleanliness and personal
- Other tasks as assigned.Knowledge & Experience:
- Understands, adheres to and reinforces Amcor EHS policies and
- Ability to work independently and in concert with Maintenance
Mechanics, as well as production co-workers, and management.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance technician experience. Skills and
experience to include:- Allen Bradley PLC (ControlLogix, SLC-500, &
PLC5)- Allen Bradley and others variable frequency drives,- Servo
- Process control & instrumentation (temperature, flow, pressure,
- Power distribution - 480 VAC
- Can perform all required PM checklists
- Can perform all required ISO Calibration for plant production
- Knowledge of general maintenance techniques, processes, and
procedures for the repair, installation, and modification of a
variety of company equipment, systems and facilitiesEducation and
- High School Diploma or equivalent (minimum requirement)
- Combination of technical training and schooling equivalent to
that generally obtained in a two-year college or apprenticeship
program. Veteran's with technical training are urged to apply.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance and/or 5 years'
- Skilled in the use of basic hand, shop and power tools and wide
range of test and measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals,
schematics and drawings.
- Ability to conduct various tests to systems and must know and
apply appropriate regulations and standards.
- Forklift Certification or ability to obtain same.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on the most
appropriate approach to solving problems.
- Effective creative thinking and trouble shooting skills.
- Good critical judgment and initiative.
- Ability to cooperate well with others to follow safety
procedures and prevent injuries.
- Experience in the printing and converting industries. Physical
- Work requires physical strain such as extended periods of
standing and walking in the production facility, and some
occasional lifting of heavy items, i.e. cores or shafts.
- Ability to lift 55+ pounds on a frequent basis.
- Other physical demands include crouching and reaching.
- Use of ladders and elevated walkways required.Work Environment
- Standard industrial type environment. Exposed to typical plant
and outside environment with periodic exposure to inclement
weather, noise, oil, grease, and chemical odors to some
- Exposed to potential hand, eye, and foot injuries, back strain
- Exposed to electricity, compressed air systems, hydraulics,
propane, and chemicals that require proper safety precautions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
frequently exposed to noise levels such that we require the use of
- Occasional contact with solvents requires that long-sleeved
uniforms, gloves and safety glasses be worn.
- The employee will occasionally be exposed to solvent fumes and
flammable liquids.Why work at Amcor?
- We value safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability and
results and out performance
- Amcor is a growing company which means career opportunities
both locally and internationally
- The environment is better off because of our leadership and
- We offer world class benefits including annual bonus
opportunities; including various retirement savings/voluntary
pension plans (vary depending on country).
- We value diversity. With sites in over 40 countries around the
world, you have the unique opportunity to work and grow with a
multi-cultural team.You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Six Sigma Experience
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Plastic Extrusion Experience
- Meets Physical Requirements
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Thermoforming Experience
- Blow Molding ExperienceSalary info:$23 - $30 / hr
Keywords: Path Engineering, Arlington Heights , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...