Environmental Services Director-Maintenance Manager
Company: New Perspective
Location: Long Grove
Posted on: January 20, 2023
New Perspective Senior Living in Long Gove, IL is seeking an
Environmental Service Director!
Why New Perspective Senior Living?A career with a purpose starts
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing
company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching
10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the
opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a
culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each
team member's personal and professional development. At New
Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of
As the Environmental Services Director, you will beresponsible for
overseeing and directing the maintenance and housekeeping
department. You willcomply with federal and state laws and
regulations as well as Company's policies and procedures.
- Supervises maintenance and housekeeping team members in
completingmaintenance/housekeeping tasks at physical
- Ensures all maintenance and housekeeping team members follow
all New Perspective policies andprocedures.
- Recruits, hires, train, disciplines, and terminates maintenance
and housekeeping team members.
- Oversees maintenance of community plumbing, electrical, HVAC,
elevators and kitchen systems.
- Manages capital expenditures and special projects.
- Determines action to be taken for major repairs; undertakes
identification and negotiation ofrates to complete repair work from
third-party vendors; makes recommendations regarding same.
- Directs set-up and break down for community events.
- Develops and responsible for managing the monthly/annual budget
for the maintenancedepartment.
- Maintains maintenance logs, fire drill logs, water temperature
logs, and records of disaster drills.
- Responsible for overseeing the TELS preventative maintenance
- Responsible for overseeing 72-hour room turnover and
- Conducts retention activities to ensure adequate levels of
engaged team members.
- Performs minor carpentry, flooring, painting, and maintenance
functions, if needed.
- Communicates and interacts with residents, families and team
members in a kind, respectful and effective way.
- Know your residents! Memorize social histories to engage with
- Champions hospitality and delivers excellent customer service
to residents, families, visitors, and vendors.
- Attends and participates in team meetings including New
Perspective Town Hall and departmentalmeetings.
- Satisfies and monitors education needs through the Learning
Management System and otherresources.
- Ensures that an attractive home environment exists at all times
with a milieu that fosters engagement, socialization and purposeful
- Associate degree or equivalent training/certification with
strong knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, elevators and
- Ability to manage other personnel in the performance of
- Ability to prioritize maintenance projects
- Experience working with older adults in senior living,
long-term care, home health or otherhealth care setting. Has
demonstrated ability or strong desire to engage with residents
- Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication and
- Empathy for the challenges experienced by residents, families
and team members and theproblem-solving skill sets to support
- Strong computer skills and ability to interact with a variety
of electronic devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
using the English language.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: New Perspective, Arlington Heights , Environmental Services Director-Maintenance Manager, Professions , Long Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!