Sr Financial Analyst, R&D
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The role of the Senior Financial Analyst is to provide support for
key financial planning cycles and projects not limited to LRP -
long range plan, Budget - annual plan, and MBR - monthly business
review cycles inclusive of reporting and forecasting. This role
will support the FP&A requirements to support business
operations for finance including partnering with various functional
leaders and their respective teams. This role will support our
growing functional requirements with standard planning processes
for Horizon to identify and leverage incremental operating
efficiencies. The responsibilities include the following and
subject to change as needed to support the functional areas:
- Prepare, analyze, and report monthly results compared to plan,
forecasts and prior year for key functional leaders in support of
managing their budgets.
- Track all functional projects spending as needed including
accruals and analyze actuals compared to plan, forecasts and prior
- Develop and publish reports & presentations including analysis
of monthly, quarterly and annual results versus variance to plan,
forecast and prior year including identifying key variance drivers
and insightful commentaries.
- Develop standard processes/templates for functional/regional
- Provide decision support including variance analysis, trends
and key drivers and identifying trends in financial performance and
providing recommendations for improvement.
- Provide consolidation and decision support analysis to
leadership and business partners in planning for the next fiscal
year. This may include running current cost center reports,
performing scenario and trade-off analyses, income statement
consolidation & analysis, balance sheet reviews and headcount.
- Support the Annual Plan and quarterly Forecast process for
functional teams including Project Spend
- Support year-end audit and any interim information needed by
Accounting/Tax organization and auditors.
- Prepare month-end accrual entries and review all monthly
transactions to ensure expenses are charged to the correct
- Lead process standardization and improvements
- Support Ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 to 5+ years' experience in financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in a
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with either Pfizer (fully approved by the
U.S. Food and Drug Administration), Moderna or Johnson & Johnson
(currently granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA). "Fully
vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the
Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide
medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department. Associated
topics: analysis, business analyst, examiner, financial analyst,
inspect, investment fund, law, refine, regulation, strategy
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Arlington Heights , Sr Financial Analyst, R&D, Professions , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!