Customs Analyst, Supply Chain
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job Description:Job SummaryResponsible for compliance with U.S.
Customs & Border Protection (CBP) laws and regulations including
assigning the HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) number to various
product categories which involves reviewing each import Walgreen
Item Code (WIC) assigned in our system using the General Rules of
Interpretation (GRI), Chapter and Section Notes, Explanatory Notes,
Informed Compliance Publications (ICP), classification rulings, and
decisions from the Court of International Trade (CIT). In order to
demonstrate reasonable care, it is necessary to use the above
resource materials along with additional product information from
vendors, manufacturers, suppliers, and buyers to support the
classification of each item. Partners with and educates internal
teams on the complex import regulations in order to make the best
decisions for the company.Develops and maintains understanding of
requirements for Anti-dumping duty & Countervailing Duty (ADD/CVD),
Partner Government Agencies (PGAs) such as the Food & Drug
Administration (FDA), valuation issues, protests, Post Summary
Corrections (PSC), CF28/CF29, auditing, ruling requests and
Importer Security Filing (ISF) procedure.Trains and increases
industry knowledge in classification and other Customs Compliance
areas from the daily international trade news, weekly customs
bulletins, and participation in seminars/webinars and
- Performs moderately complex analysis of information, problems,
and/or data under general supervision. Makes recommendations for
the review of more senior staff members.
- Tracks, monitors and measures the benefit of implemented
solutions for moderately complex issues, applying company policies
and procedures in the resolution of a variety of issues. May also
perform gap analysis.
- Communicates perceived risks to senior staff members and
leadership with recommendations for mitigation.
- Computes metrics involving moderately complex issues.
- Develops, analyzes and disseminates moderately complex
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships to
work collaboratively. Shares knowledge with the team.
- Resolves moderately complex issues.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed
instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Recommends streamlined processes and process improvements to
more senior staff members. Assists in driving change as needed.Job
ID: 946226BRTitle: Customs Analyst, Supply ChainCompany Indicator:
WalgreensEmployment Type:Job Function: Supply
Chain/DistributionFull Store Address: 304 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL
60015Full District Office Address: 304 WILMOT
RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-04614-00004-2External Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience or
internship experience in a supply chain or business role OR
Bachelors Degree and successful completion of Walgreens Supply
Chain Co-op Program OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4
years of experience in a supply chain or business role.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).Preferred Qualifications:
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating
between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and
editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving
objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Current Customs Broker License granted by Customs & Border
Protection of the Department of Homeland Security.
- At least 2 years of experience using the following resources
for import product classification: General Rules of Interpretation
(GRIs), Harmonized Tariffs Schedule of the US (HTSUS) Chapter and
Section Notes, Explanatory Notes, CROSS Customs Binding Rulings
Database, and/or Customs Info (subscription).
- At least 2 years of experience with processes, information, and
analysis involving Partner Government Agencies such as Food & Drug
Administration (FDA), Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ), First Sale,
Exports, and C-TPAT.Shift:Store:
Keywords: Walgreens, Arlington Heights , Customs Analyst, Supply Chain, Professions , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!