Associate Galaxy Maintenance Technician
Location: Round Lake
Posted on: September 19, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -The ideal
candidate will be responsible for providing an entry level of
maintenance support for all packaging equipment in the Galaxy
packaging process. This includes maintaining Downstream Automated
Packaging (DAP) equipment at the Drug Delivery and Penicillin
facilities. This position ensures manufacturing lines are well
maintained and ready to run during planned production time. This
requires providing on time PM completion, constant monitoring
during production to spot and solve issues before they affect
production. Provide an entry level of troubleshooting ability to
repair mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems. It is
customary to provide service on an emergency basis, including
overtime, weekends and during plant shutdowns. Must become familiar
with corporate specifications and plant SOP's governing the
operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP. Must adhere to all
plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of
plant safety. The successful candidate will drive innovation and
continuous improvement, able to work independently and closely with
manufacturing, engineering, and quality groups to resolve issues.
This position will support Galaxy Maintenance Technicians, Senior
Galaxy Maintenance Technicians and Lead Maintenance Technicians
with scheduling and timely PM completion. Out of town travel may be
required to attend seminars, visit equipment vendors or other
Baxter facilities. This position requires lifting to 100 pounds on
a periodic basis. Walking and traveling between Drug Delivery and
Penicillin buildings throughout all seasons.Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesAn Associate Maintenance Technician requires little
supervision to accomplish his/her objectives. This individual looks
for ways to improve their knowledge and skill set through
additional training. Take a proactive role in safe work practices
and lead by example. Point out unsafe conditions and practices to
others and support the C2S initiative. This shift is variable based
on Apprenticeship Requirements.Understand corporate specifications
and plant SOP's governing the operation of the Galaxy process and
- Monitor assigned manufacturing lines and communicate with
manufacturing to reduce downtime.
- Provide an entry level of troubleshooting ability to repair
mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems.
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs
- Build and rebuild DAP machine assemblies.
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision,
manufacturing, and management per the plant's Stop and Fix
- Initiate work orders using the Maximo CMMS system.
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process
when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and
efficiency. - Ensure proper and timely completion of related
- Note in Maximo or other downtime tracking method any problems,
breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment. Initiate a work
order, and additional documentation required to resolve the issue.
Review equipment trends related to the issues and support efforts
to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- The Associate Maintenance Technician will strive to gain
knowledge and training from more experienced technicians in the
Galaxy process and all related equipment including safety, 6S, PM's
associated with the RLD and RLN facilities.
- Learn to handle robots in all normal production modes,
troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine
output and quality defects as they occur.
- Solicit help from experienced technicians and/or engineers as
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Baxter Code of Conduct.
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required
- Basic ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical, and
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic
- Ability to develop strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to develop a good understanding of programmable logic
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong
teamwork and communication skills, both verbally and written, good
documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills,
customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful
- Capable of using MS Word, MS Excel and Maximo or similar
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and
Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.Education
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D required.The successful candidate
for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been
vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations
for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that
prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.Equal
Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer.
Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Reasonable
AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please click on the here and let us know the
nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Arlington Heights , Associate Galaxy Maintenance Technician, Professions , Round Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!