Sr Consultant, IT
Posted on: June 26, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -Your role at
Baxter As the Sr. Manager, IT, individual will propose, analyze and
craft activities on cornerstone / enterprise or large projects as
part of Baxter's Enterprise IT DATA organization. Individual will
identify, evaluate, develop and /or redesign systems and procedures
that meet user requirements. Individual will be involved in
multi-functional / business integration testing and aid business
customers with business process redesign on large projects.
Individual may lead a small team and provide leadership by
assisting clients in identifying and responding to opportunities
for efficient system implementations and solutions. Analyze and
make decisions multi-functional business impact. Individual must
see the potential for data and compelling visualizations to drive
the organization to greater performance. Meet each partner "where
they are" in a range of data literacy, understanding both the
user's literal request and also inferring the core goal behind that
request.What you'll be doing
- Identify, analyze, propose, generate, and document innovative
solutions to a wide range of sophisticated/difficult data problems.
Make decisions that have a multi-functional/cross-regional business
impact and analyze financial impact.
- Own large projects, demonstrate extensive business knowledge,
require minimal direction, give moderate direction to others,
handle key sophisticated problems, possess extensive knowledge of
SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Collect, understand, and document objectives, specifications,
and requirements on enterprise/cornerstone and/or large size
projects. Accountable for understanding interdependencies of
systems for multiple businesses or functions.
- Develop high level architecture and plans. Facilitate
implementation activities within team and IT groups. Responsible
for multi-functional/cross regional business integration as
- Define, design and document business flows and processes for
large highly sophisticated projects. Define and articulate business
rules required for data accuracy and consistency. Identify and
resolve data quality issues. Act as the main contact for the data
- Communicate status, solutions, and concerns. Disseminate
information in a timely manner within the team and across
functions. Establish, maintain, and develop relationships within
the business or function. Deliver presentations, facilitate, and
address issues at all levels of management.
- Provide strong multi-functional and business knowledge to
develop business system and process alternatives. Provide extensive
knowledge of an enterprise system.
- Train others as appropriate on specific area of business or
systems expertise. Assist in development of training materials
and/or conduct training.
- Be the point of contact for Business for Data
- Maintain close contact with Business partners for understanding
of requirement and recommend appropriate methods to turn data into
- Liaison between architecture, Data Engineering and Business
teams and take up the technical accountability for the
- Turn data into insights and metrics into actions by
- Working with partners to understand requirements, the nuances
of vital datasets and ensure that resulting metrics are relevant
and will directly advise business decision-making to drive
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive business architecture with
functional understanding and core data structure in mind.
- Build a comprehensive roadmap and data pipeline for the
business unit and ensure the functional requirements and data
structures are accurately translated into technical design by the
Data Engineering team.
- Redesign report prototypes to improve overall design and
- Potentially write SQL scripts in databases or snowflake to
extract data into the BI platforms as well as deep knowledge of
AWS, Python and BI Tools.
- Provide support to analysts in other functions (R&D, HR,
Finance, Marketing, Tech Services, etc.) by
- Creating and providing training sessions as needed
- Acting as the first line of support for Data related questions
and issuesWhat you'll bring
- Thorough understanding of system design, analysis, and
development required. Solid understanding of business process flow
and/or entity relationship modeling.
- Must be effective in a team and demonstrate leadership
proficiency with strong problem solving, critical thinking skills,
influencing, communication, and presentation skills. Self-starter
with history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with
the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while
- Meticulous teammate who can consistently provide valuable
suggestions and solutions in areas of analytical solutions with
conceptual thinking to ensure all parts of an application function
together as intended.
- Demonstrable experience in data
curation/aggregation/preparation for use in a Visualization tool
- 10+ years related work experience (with an emphasis on Data and
Solution architecture, accurate data preparation, effective data
visualizations and the ability to train others)
- Shown success analyzing data to tackle business problems and
find opportunities for improving performance
- 2+ years' experience leading a small team (-4 people) and/or a
- Excellent written/ verbal communications and critical thinking
is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
simultaneouslyThe successful candidate for this job may be required
to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19,
subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical
conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in
accordance with applicable law.Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter
is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic. - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or interview process, please click on the here and let
us know the nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Arlington Heights , Sr Consultant, IT, Professions , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!