Company: Rust-Oleum Corporation
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Vernon Hills, IL, United StatesAs our Forecast Analyst, you're
responsible for the development of annual, quarterly, and monthly
forecasts for assigned business groups, brands and items.
Responsible for making demand recommendations based on analysis of
sales history, trends, seasonality, promotions, and other market
intelligence with the goal of maximizing service levels and
minimizing excess inventory. Solving challenges is the very
foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder,
sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't particularly care about paint.
When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his
ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that
discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.The same passion that drove the
Captain to spend his next few years creating the world's first
rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a
problem, we work diligently until we've perfected a solution, which
has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative
products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over
2000 people across every corner of the world, help us remain the
global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and
industry. Here's what you can expect every day:
- Create and maintain monthly forecasts through review of
shipment history, analysis of seasonal patterns and trends, and
regular monitoring of forecast consumption.
- Actively participate in weekly / monthly cross-functional
planning meetings with Marketing, Sales and Operations to discuss
trends and issues.
- Support Product to Market Teams and work with Marketing and
Sales on new product launches to develop timely forecasts.
- Work closely with Sales & Trade Marketing on promotional
activities and adjust forecasts as needed.
- Work closely with Supply Chain & Material Planning to
communicate forecast adjustments especially changes made within
product lead times.
- Participate in corporate projects and various task forces as
- Responsible for comprehensive understanding of demand
management, supply chain and replenishment requirements to help
ensure maximum service levels are provided to customers.
- Research forecast issues to determine root cause and initiate
long-term corrective actions.
- Evaluate and analyze monthly forecasts to create forecast
variance reports, identify key issues and trends and make
adjustments to improve forecast accuracy.
- Assist with forecast system administrative tasks such as
maintaining planning hierarchy. Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity
employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made
without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national
origin, color, or any other protected class. Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1- 3 years experience in forecasting, inventory
management/planning, marketing or finance.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage large
amounts of data.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in MS office and knowledge of materials
requirements planning systems (MRP). SAP experience desired.
- Customer focused and be able to work independently and as a
team. LI19Job Identification: 2455Job Category:
Purchasing/ProcurementPosting Date: 2022-04-07Job Schedule: Full
timeJob Shift: DayPosting Date: 2022-04-07PI175571688
Keywords: Rust-Oleum Corporation, Arlington Heights , Demand Planner, Professions , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!