Supply Chain Planner
Company: Rust-Oleum Corporation
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Supply Chain Planner2315-097
As our Supply Chain Planner, you will get input and feedback from
our top accounts every day to gauge demand and make sure our
forecasts align with sales estimates. You will oversee the entire
supply chain process from receiving the demand forecast to
international shipping. You'll use that data to create 1-month,
3-month, and 6-month forecasts for various SKUs, distribution
centers, and product groups. You're focused and analytical but also
people-centric and friendly. This is a hub role and you'll
routinely work with other departments, including finance,
marketing, customer service, shipping, and more. To thrive in this
role, you must have experience working with supply chain
forecasting, heavy SAP expertise (or a similar ERP), and experience
working with complex systems, often handling several thousand
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all,
in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't
particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921,
he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable
solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years
creating the world's first rust-preventative paint still drives us
today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we've
perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting
edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative
and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the
world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and
coatings for both home and industry.
As our Supply Chain Planner you can expect:
- To use SAP, Vanguard and Excel to develop forecasts and make
sure all inventory matches with demand.
- Problem-solving missions. You'll work independently to discover
issues and resolve them. You're proactive and take initiative, not
waiting for direction.
- To work with people in many different functional areas of the
organization, as well as with our top accounts. People skills are
just as important as analytical skills.
- To see your impact all the time. We cannot get products out the
door without you.
- A team you can rely on. We trust each other to deliver our best
work each and every day.
- B.S. degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain,
Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or a related
- 1-3 years of demand planning experience is desired
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills are
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to
translate data into actionable forecast recommendations
- Experience leading or working in cross-functional teams with
the ability to drive collaboration throughout the
- Proven process improvement skills; focus on utilizing
technology to build and enhance solutions that increase automation
and improve insights and outcomes
- Certification from leading Supply Chain Professional
Organization (APICS, IBF, etc.) is preferred
- SAP or equivalent ERP system knowledge desired and Vanguard
knowledge a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection
and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
Keywords: Rust-Oleum Corporation, Arlington Heights , Supply Chain Planner, Professions , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!