Principal Data Scientist (Algorithm)
Posted on: May 23, 2023
- Utilizes statistical modeling to make predictions about future
outcomes and in multiple scenarios. Evangelizes new ideas /
technologies / solutions to gain acceptance from a wide range of
- Interprets and applies data in the most complex analyses and
explains findings to business audiences to improve products and
- Sets the vision for manipulation and analysis of large and
complex data sets.
- Leads the development and execution of statistical and
mathematical analyses to support business decisions enterprise wide
or for multiple business functions. Analyses have substantial
impact on business operations or outcomes.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data
gathering and processing, leading approaches, final algorithm,
detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Leads the design and development of new and/or complex
algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines
analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios
and potential future outcomes.
- Implements activities that impact the critical directions of
the organization. Typically assigned to the most critical and
strategic / complex / high risk undertakings.
- Determines leading edge technical / business approaches and/or
develops major new technical tools.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to
develop unprecedented solutions that affect several areas.
- Guides and mentors, a wide range of audiences. Provides
guidance regarding analytical approach and iteration of algorithms.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens () is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S.
Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq:
WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a
170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA's purpose is to
create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly
9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S.
Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health
destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens
pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by
providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services,
including those that drive equitable access to care for the
nation's medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs
of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel
experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms
supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products
and services in communities nationwide.
- Master's degree in statistics, data science, mathematics,
economics OR a quantitative, computational or technical discipline
AND at least 4 years of post graduate professional work experience
in a statistical function
- Deep knowledge of open source data science and statistics
packages such as Python, R, Spark, etc.
- Experience in data science, advanced analytics, or
- Experience interrogating data, performing analyses,
interpreting data, and presenting to business audiences.
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with
internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external
(business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix
organization to develop strategies that meet department goals
within budget and timelines.
- Experience presenting findings to all levels of an
organization, including the C Suite level.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business
purposes (within state and out of state). Preferred Qualifications
- PhD in statistics, data science, mathematics, economics OR a
quantitative, computational or technical discipline AND at least 2
years of post graduate professional work experience in a
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Principal Data Scientist (Algorithm), Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...