Life Enrichment Assistant Part Time
Company: The Cottages of Fox Lake - Charter Senior Living
Location: Fox Lake
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Life Enrichment AssistantWhy Charter Senior Living?"I believe in
the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every
day as I help care for our residents. They may need extra help
throughout the day, but I know during these times that I am
enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference in
someone's life!" -Charter Senior Living Associate Offering Health
Insurance for Full Time Associates Charter Benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral BonusYour potential is unlimited. As a small
boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our
Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our
associates to feel like they have a career and an opportunity to
grow. Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an
organization that is committed to the future of their
Associates.POSITION SUMMARY The Life Enrichment Assistant will
assist the Life Enrichment Director with the planning and
implementation of the day to day social, educational, recreational,
spiritual and therapeutic individual and group activities as listed
on the activity calendar. Provide assistance to transport residents
to activities in the building and on van outings.Other: Willing to
work shift assigned, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work
independently with minimum supervision; problem-solving, conflict
management, budgeting.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead large groups, small groups, and one-on-one activities
throughout the day.
- Effectively encourage and actively promote residents to
participate in activities.
- Visit and encourage each resident each day.
- Handle all resident's concerns and complaints with finesse and
in a caring, polite, and professional manner.
- Communicate and channel to director and nurses all residents,
personnel, and other matters and information that could be of
concern in relation to the health and mental state of
- Promote a thorough and continuous understanding among all
employees the importance of activities to the quality of life for
- Assist and cover for absent staff members as requested and when
- Attendance to all required classes and staff meetings as
- Assist family members with their concerns (look for lost items,
direct them to nurse or person for needed information).
- To pick up after activities and put items away, including the
moving of furniture.
- Oversee that all residents have access to activities at all
- Assist with directing volunteers when working with residents
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from
- Exposure to blood/body fluid not likelyPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds. Must be able to stand,
walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours with
breaks as provided for in the employee handbook. Frequent
transporting of residents in a wheelchair.OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current state-specific driver's license and CDL
if applicable. Must possess a clean driving record that will be
approved by the Company's insurance carrier and the Company's
standards. Annual driving record checks will be performed to ensure
consistent and safe driving patterns are met.
- Must be able to pass a background check.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: The Cottages of Fox Lake - Charter Senior Living, Arlington Heights , Life Enrichment Assistant Part Time, Other , Fox Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...