Company: Amcor plc
Posted on: January 22, 2023
We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day,
we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are
taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products
recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global
footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference
in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions
of people across the globe every day from food, beverage,
pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other
essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation
listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in
sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860's and come a
long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming
the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an
international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over
40 countries and across 250 sites.
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable
future?At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate
individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at
Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an
organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging
solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability
and about Amcor, visitwww.amcor.com.
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates
across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America
with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes
flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and
home and personal care applications.
Can you read a ruler? If you answered yes, or you can learn, this
is a position for you! No prior manufacturing experience is
required for our entry level inspector and helper roles. Anyone can
work in manufacturing, grow with us at Amcor Mundelein. Start your
career with a global leader in flexible packaging! Enjoy a safe,
clean and temperature controlled working environment on a variety
of 8 or 12 hour shifts - no rotating shifts. Benefits start day
ONE, up to 8% 401k match, and eligible for quarterly bonus'. Join
401k with up to 8% company match $1:$1
Benefits Start Day 1
Quarterly eligibility for Bonuses
Paid holidays and vacation
Gym membership & tuition reimbursement
SHIFT SCHEDULES AVAILABLE:
* 2-2-3, 12 hour schedule on days (6:00AM-6:00PM) or nights
(6:00PM-6:00AM). Must be available to work weekends and
In this entry level machine helper role, you will be responsible
for assisting operators in the slitting/extrusion processes with
the ability to train and advance into operating slitter or
WHAT YOU GET TO DO AS AN EXTRUSION/SLITTING HELPER:
* Assist operators, and aid in all aspects of operation of
Extrusion & Slitting lines including change-overs, machine
start-up, running and shut-down.
* Order and maintain resin boxes to sustain a proper steady supply
of resin for Extrusion machines.
* Package rolls per packaging specification, cut cores, operate
hoist to load master rolls, and make roll changes.
* Run slitting rewinders
* Be proactive with repairs to minor mechanical machine issues.
* Assist in preventative maintenance of all machines and auxiliary
* Perform light maintenance and cleaning of ink pumps.
* Organizing die cage, core room, and cleaning of the anilox roller
* Understand the operation of the extrusion winders.
* Assist the operators with starting up extrusion lines and
* Assist the operators with performing resin changes, cleaning
blenders and hoppers.
* Monitor resin supply and communicate needs to the resin
* Weigh and haul scrap.
* Quality testing and maintaining production records.
* Responsible for 5S in assigned work areas.
* Perform cleaning and housekeeping within the departments.
* Assist in stocking supply inventory in the Extrusion and Slitting
* Understand the operation of the re-winders.
* Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be
detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
* Perform other miscellaneous projects within the department
* Technical knowledge and/or experience of extrusion and slitting
machines and processes preferred, but not required
* Experience in Manufacturing is a plus, but not required
* Solid verbal and written communication skills in English or
* Mechanical aptitude
* Ability to read a ruler
* Basic computer skills
* Demonstrates organizational skills
* Physically able to lift up to 40lbs
* Standing up to 12 hours per day on a rotating day or evening
shift, up to 5 days/week
* Occasional twisting, turning, or bending to move items up to 50
* Alert state of mind to avoid safety hazards
* Able to read/see up to 1/16 of an inch
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate
our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning
* Our people are engaged and developing as part of a
high-performing Amcor team
* Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service, and
* Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and superior
* The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals
hired for employment in the United States.
Keywords: Amcor plc, Arlington Heights , Machine Helper, Other , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!