SAT Educator - Now Hiring - Now Hiring
Company: Academic Approach
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Position: ACT/SAT Tutor & School Programs Teacher
(Part-Time) Academic Approach began with a focused mission: to
mentor students while building their key academic skills. Join our
team of dedicated educators to deliver rewarding, highly
personalized, high-impact 1-on-1 and classroom course instruction.
While many of our 1-on-1 tutoring students and school partners
prefer to work virtually, priority will be given to candidates who
are willing to tutor in-person at our Lincoln Park and/or Winnetka
offices and/or teach in-person on the campuses of our partner
schools . Academic Approach requires proof of vaccination from all
employees who work in-person with our students, partners, and/or
other employees. Academic Approach is firmly committed to creating
a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity
and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin,
age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or
veteran status. Applicants of diverse backgrounds, skillsets, and
experiences are especially encouraged to apply. Paid trainings will
be run periodically from September, 2022-January, 2023 NOTE: Please
also note that--due to the nature of this tutor/instructor
position-- all candidates will need to complete a content quiz that
includes English and math questions prior to being considered for
an interview. This (untimed) quiz should take approximately 45 mins
to complete. What we offer:
- Competitive pay, starting at $30/hr for 1-on-1 tutoring and
$47/hr for classroom teaching with potential for increases based on
performance. Compensation for tutoring at our Winnetka office
starts at $45/hour.
- Each of our tutors receives a One Medical membership that
covers themselves, their spouses/domestic partners, and their
- Flexibility in building your schedule while supporting the
needs of our students.
- Paid training.
- Personalized coaching and development, support, and continuing
education from our Instructional Management Team.
- Exceptional proprietary curriculum and instructional
- Travel compensation for school programs that require a commute
of at least 30 minutes and 15 miles.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive culture focused on best
supporting students, clients, full-time and part-time staff. Key
- Deliver engaging specialized academic and test-prep instruction
to high school (and some middle school) students across the
- Build relationships in a supportive and professional
- Maintain an accurate calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
- Respond to administrators, students, and parents in a timely
- Demonstrate classroom management skills and professionalism in
both remote and in-person settings.
- Attend required training and professional development events.
- A bachelor's degree in any subject or major.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and
- Passion for supporting student success.
- Ability to demonstrate academic expertise in English, math,
reading, and science.
- Access to a computer with a webcam, mic, and a reliable
internet connection (with at least 100 Mbps download and 100 Mbps
upload speed) for virtual instruction.
- Consistent availability of at least 10 hours per week.
- All of our Tutors/Teachers must teach all subjects on the
Keywords: Academic Approach, Arlington Heights , SAT Educator - Now Hiring - Now Hiring, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!