Secretary II- Principal Secretary
Company: Round Lake Area Schools
Location: Round Lake
Posted on: June 23, 2022
POSITION: Twelve (12) month
SALARY: Starting at $22.15/hr
This position is accountable for independently performing a full
range of secretarial support functions requiring an understanding
of Board policies and District procedures. In addition this
position must have a thorough knowledge of and responsibility for a
total office operation. Understanding of organizational policies
must be demonstrated by regular relating of information regarding
Board policies and District administrative procedures by way of
telephone, in person and/or correspondence.
1. Three (3) years' experience above the routine clerk level in
office support or secretarial work.
2. Experience in an elementary school environment
1. College training in the secretarial sciences may be substituted
for the General Experience on the basis of
fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one-half (1/2) year of
experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
Fluency in Spanish and English preferred
Infinite Campus experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Considerable knowledge of office systems and procedures;
2. Considerable knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and
3. Knowledge of business communications;
4. Knowledge of department's/unit's policies and procedures;
5. Some knowledge of business math;
6. Interpersonal skills;
7. Ability to schedule and prioritize office workflow;
8. Ability to operate office equipment which includes personal
computers other electronic equipment;
9. Ability to operate office suite software;
10. Ability to take notes (shorthand, speedwriting or other method
acceptable to the supervisor).
11. Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
The following identifies the primary and essential functions of the
position and is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all
1. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc.
(e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains
files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and
reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and
screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy
and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific
problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the
organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
4. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and
equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and
maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions,
invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in
preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures,
reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and
initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow.
5. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including
space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting
materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of
meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes
using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares
expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials
to determine action required; may make recommendations to the
7. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources
and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment
in the selection of items to be included.
8. TYPING: Using a or personal computer or other electronic
equipment , formats and types a full range of correspondence,
reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription,
dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge
of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
9. This class may also be required to provide secretarial/clerical
support to the administrator responsible for Summer School program
at the building level.
10. Performs related duties as required.
Apply online at
Keywords: Round Lake Area Schools, Arlington Heights , Secretary II- Principal Secretary, Other , Round Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!