Sr BASIS Administrator
Company: CF Industries
Posted on: January 12, 2022
About CF Industries:
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
The Sr. BASIS Administrator is responsible for implementing,
administering, and supporting the SAP technical architecture with
the goal of providing excellent system reliability, performance,
availability and overall systems optimization. The Sr. BASIS
Administrator will lead a group of SAP experts in the design,
development, and implementation of the SAP BASIS systems using
best-in-class strategies and planning to accomplish goals. The Sr.
BASIS Administrator will also be responsible for ongoing
administration and support after implementation is complete.
Key Job Elements:
SAP BASIS Enhancements & Implementation
- Lead and facilitate the definition and implementation of all
aspects of the SAP architectural footprint, infrastructure, and
- Ensure compliance with established standards.
- Manage all ongoing support requirements of the SAP
- Ensure all issues and technical requirements are resolved in a
timely manner, while maintaining superior customer
- Often requires coordination across business users, Support
Center, and multiple technical staff.
- Communicate complex issues to the business.
- Manage, develop, and consult with technical resources across
teams for methods, procedures, and standards to use during design,
development, and unit testing phases of the project life
- Provide technical leadership to the project team by evaluating
and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and
technology issues. Review proposed changes to identify
opportunities for reuse and process improvement.
- Manage vendors that contribute to the overall SAP
infrastructure, including managing escalations to SAP or others as
SAP BASIS Administration & Ongoing Support
- Lead continual efforts to monitor and improve SAP system
performance, availability, and end-user experience.
- Support SAP environments by performing transports and
escalations through the environments, scheduling recurring batch
jobs and reports, and contributing to the development and
maintenance of SAP business continuity procedures.
- Routinely review, plan, and apply SAP support updates and
patches throughout the SAP system landscape.
- Manage and develop BASIS Support team members through direct
guidance and mentoring.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Plans, coordinates and reviews work assignments, identifies
training and development needs, and provides resources to meet
- Conducts staff meetings and one-on-one meetings as required.
Coaches staff to provide direction for personal and professional
- Manages performance of staff and addresses issues in a timely
manner. Ensures levels of support as defined in IT Accountability
matrix are appropriately maintained.
- Supports succession planning by identifying at least one backup
(two-deep) and providing cross training to support all
Successful incumbents will have:
- Proven ability to lead, organize, and plan SAP BASIS set up
requirements from implementation and development through ongoing
- Bachelor's degree in Math or Computer Science or equivalent
technical training and minimum seven years experience with SAP
BASIS administration including 3 full lifecycle implementations,
including one as a team lead.
- Functional knowledge of all SAP BASIS disciplines including SAP
NetWeaver, S/4 HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP), EIM
SAP Tools (SLT, SDI, BODS).
- Experience designing and implementing technology-enabled
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including
Responsible for implementation and support of the complex SAP
implementation. Scope includes working with vendors and internal
customers and following application development principles and
methodology. Work will usually be performed within tight deadlines.
Incumbent must be willing to be "hands-on" on all projects.
May require infrequent periodic travel to plant and facility
What We Offer:
You'll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus
an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a
comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare
options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and
disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to
volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible
Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences,
wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver
important work, and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting
opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your
potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a
company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment
knowing that you're working with purpose, to provide clean energy
to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Arlington Heights , Sr BASIS Administrator, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!