Assistant General Manager - FOX LAKE, IL, United States
Company: Hudson Group
Location: Fox Lake
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Located at FOX LAKE, IL, United States
GROW With US!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30
years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than
1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't
serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter
terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our
greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and
training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the
customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're
fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training,
skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow
and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
• A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
• A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
This Assistant General Manager Job Is For You, If You Would
• Assisting the General Manager and Regional Vice President in
executing all local strategic planning initiatives established for
a single store or multi-store location.
• Promoting brand image of excellence through a strong work ethic,
leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent
customer service and quality store visual presentation throughout
• Working at the Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Your Team is counting on you as an Assistant General Manager
• Provide flexibility to work any shift, any day of the week,
including weekends & holidays
• Work a full-time schedule
Assistant General Manager Key Duties:
• Maximizes sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales
budgets while minimizing shrink
• Controls payroll and expense through maximizing staff
productivity, properly and efficiently allocating labor, and by
monitoring monthly store expenditures against budget
• Uses monthly financial reports, DCIS, and KPI reports to monitor
and control expenses, improve profit margins, and control inventory
• Protects company assets by ensuring that all policies and
procedures are consistently enforced and adhered to by staff and
• Minimizes inventory shrink through regular physical inspections;
Monitors high-risk areas for internal/external shrinkage, and by
taking necessary steps for remediation
• Recruits, trains and develops all supporting levels of staff to
ensure an efficient and profitable operation. Develops succession
plan for the location and supports company management succession
plan and other HR initiatives.
• Ensures consistent excellent customer service delivered by
knowledgeable and professional associates.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and promotes a
consistently positive corporate image through clean,
• Communicates sales and store openings each day to Regional
• Ensures compliance of brand promotional programs and works
closely with Brand Corporate Marketing department in development of
• Works closely with Merchandising department and Regional Director
in implementing brand initiatives and maintaining brand
merchandising standards and vendor relationships and contracts
• Works closely with the Regional Director to ensure monthly
compliance of brand standards and assists in the completion of the
monthly diagnostic report, including submitting pictures, data, and
other information that may be required
• Provides enthusiastic, positive reinforcement and guidance to
• Delivers/receives information to/from corporate office/staff.
• Monitors suppliers' activities.
• Problem-solves and ensures overall customer service for the
• Assumes the role and responsibilities of the General Manager in
his or her absence
• Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills.
• Good analytical business thought processes and problem-solving
• Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
• Good time management skills and attention to detail.
• Effective interpersonal skills with customers, subordinates,
peers, landlords, suppliers, and superiors.
• Flexible to work periodic long and/or irregular hours, weekends,
• Required to work busiest days and times as the business
• Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
• Three to five years of retail store management experience.
Multi-store management experience required for multi-store
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K &
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified
individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to
age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an
inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique
experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of
background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including
the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this
position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any
position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out
Keywords: Hudson Group, Arlington Heights , Assistant General Manager - FOX LAKE, IL, United States, Other , Fox Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!