Systems Administrator - III
Company: CF Industries
Posted on: July 18, 2021
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
AG0509E Enterprise Operations, Exempt
The Systems Administrator III works as part of the Enterprise
Operations team which is accountable for the overall support and
maintenance of server and data center architecture, systems
analysis, and communications infrastructure. The Systems
Administrator III is responsible for performing routine
administration activities, such as monitoring performance,
installing patches and systems upgrades, scheduling and running
jobs. This is a senior-level individual contributor job and is
expected operate independently while executing complex systems
administration assignments, such as analyzing system performance,
researching and recommending systems design alternatives.
Incumbents at this level are fully functional in all aspects of
systems administration across all enterprise platforms. Continuous
growth and learning occurs with new technologies and
- Provides assistance with the implementation and support of all
datacenter functions including servers (physical and
virtual),VMware, Dell/EMC storage, Exchange, mobility, system
backups and replication, Windows server, Active Directory, GPOs,
DNS, DHCP, DFS, Citrix
- Ensures established policies and procedures are followed by the
team. Contributes to the creation of new or enhanced procedures.
Supports standards and guidelines that guide the design of
technology solutions across enterprise-wide hardware and software
- Leads and supports project teams related to systems
administration, i.e., IT infrastructure modifications and set-up.
This work involves analyzing impact of IT projects on the
Enterprise Operations infrastructure, evaluating alternatives,
recommending solutions, developing work plans for modifications and
leading change efforts.
- Participates in enterprise-wide disaster recovery testing.
- Plans and performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
procedures and repair work on servers, applications, and related
hardware and software).
- Performs complex diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Performs testing and analysis of all elements of server and
- Monitors server performance and recommends action for
- Performs complex troubleshooting of hardware and software
problems. May recommend and implement solutions.
- Monitors system logs and monitoring systems to ensure proper
functioning of server and security functions.
- Provides assistance for the technical support team as it
relates to server systems.
- Participates in regular server patching and maintenance.
- Participates in on-call rotation for after-hours support
Understands and complies with established departmental processes
and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts.
Identifies and brings to the attention of department management
internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- AA/AAS level degree in Computer Science, Systems Administration
or technical training equivalent is required. BA/BS level degree is
- 4 - 7 years of professional experience with server and
- Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Active
Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server administration, Microsoft
- MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Azure certifications are a plus
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Arlington Heights , Systems Administrator - III, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!