Sr Accountant - Payroll & SGA
Company: CF Industries
Posted on: July 17, 2021
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
8 Hour, AG0307B Corporate Accounting
Finance & Accounting
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting in the
preparation of consolidated financial statements and other
accounting statements and reports including management reports. In
addition, he or she will review and verify the accuracy of journal
entries and accounting classifications.
- Assists, prepares and reviews monthly journal entries, payroll
entries and month-end analyses.
- Assists and prepares various exhibits and commentary required
for reports issued to management including outside Directors and
- Coordinates typing, proofreading, issuance and filing of
- Prepares and reviews analyses of various account balances and
maintains files of supporting documentation.
- Prepares reports and analytic reviews of selling, general and
administrative expenses. Presents the analysis to the Accounting
Managers, Directors and VP-Controller.
- Prepares written procedures on job responsibilities.
- Assists with special projects, year-end activities and related
- Prepares and reviews bank and general account
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to accounting procedures
- Reconciles and analyses intercompany activity.
- Provides guidance to junior accounting staff.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes
and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts.
Identifies and brings to the attention of department management
internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- Ability to understand and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to function effectively while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative
- Efficient with Microsoft applications
- Familiarity of SAP accounting systems is a plus
This position requires daily contact with other departments such as
Payroll Team, Human Resources, IT and Financial Reporting.
The Senior Accountant must possess and apply a strong knowledge of
fundamental accounting concepts and practices and help evaluate and
improve accounting methods and procedures. Under limited
supervision and instruction, the incumbent completes assignments
that are varied and require ingenuity and originality. This
individual must also have the ability to assume supervisory
responsibilities and provide guidance as a resource for lower-level
Must understand and comply with established departmental processes
and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Needs
to identify and bring to the attention of department management
internal controls deficiencies.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Arlington Heights , Sr Accountant - Payroll & SGA, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!