Plant IT Manager
Company: CF Industries
Posted on: July 16, 2021
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
AG0509G Enterprise Support Center, Exempt
The Plant IT Manager's role is to ensure the streamlined operation
of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of
the Manufacturing organization. This individual will plan,
coordinate and direct IT-related activities of the organization, as
well as provide administrative direction and support for daily
operational activities of the IT departments in each of the plants.
The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other
departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support
cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the
organization. This person will insure compliance at all Plants with
IT policies, procedures, and best practices. They will have and
maintain a continual service improvement program responsible for
maintaining and improving ongoing quality in IT services.
- Remotely manage plant information technology functions in
accordance with organizational policies and goals.
- Ensure proper functioning of the plant information systems,
minimize system downtime and make proactive upgrades as
- Assist business operations in utilizing information systems to
- Establish processes to ensure that computer equipment,
hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision,
scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including
purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Implement and maintain enterprise-wide system tools and ensure
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports,
and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure
infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the
improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem
resolution expectations and timeframes. Measure and report on SLA
attainment. Inititate programs to achieve target SLAs
- On-call availability evenings and weekends as needed.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet
local plant and CF Corporate internal controls requirements. These
include, but are not limited to: computer and system access, asset
management and change control.
- Ensures that policies/processes/procedures are followed as
- Works with senior leadership to identify deficiencies, the need
for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to
department internal controls as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
another related field.
- 6 to 10 years of IT work experience. Minimum 5 years experience
in a management position.
- Prior experience supervising remotely located employees.
- Strong background in IT Services with an emphasis on service
desk management in a the manufacturing, chemicals or oil & gas
- Experience implementing IaaS and PaaS strategies
- Experience with Microsoft Server and end-point management tools
- Familiarity with ITIL practices for IT service management.
- Some experience in project management environment is an
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Highly self motivated and directed. Keen attention to
- Proficiency with these IT Management and Governance
- Change management.
- Configuration management.
- Asset Management.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Arlington Heights , Plant IT Manager, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!