Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Manager, Tax Accounting will be responsible for all aspects
of accounting for income taxes in 's annual and interim financial
statements. This role will be involved with federal audits by the
Internal Revenue Service and tax law analysis and planning.
This role will work across the tax function to lead and direct
the Company's tax accounting & reporting efforts.
- Responsible for tax accounting for income taxes for the
Company's US and International Operations, including the
preparation of the interim and annual income tax provisions for
domestic and international operations.
- Responsible for determination and reporting for all financial
statement reporting and disclosures including maintenance of
related Sarbanes Oxley procedures.
- Serves as the primary interface with the Company's Corporate
Controllership function with respect to tax accounting and related
- Works closely with the Company's external auditors with respect
to the Company's quarterly and annual tax provision processes.
- Oversees implementation and maintenance of tax accounting
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting for income taxes for
the Company's global operations. • Works with the Controllers and
Corporate Planning Groups to ensure that Forecasts, Budgets and
Long-Range Plans accurately reflect the Company's current view of
its tax posture.
- Supports the Manager, Analysis, Planning & Audits on analytical
aspects of tax planning related activities.
- Participates in the Company's pursuit of incentives related to
expansions of existing facilities and the development of new
- Provides support for federal, state and foreign income tax
audits and examinations. Internal Controls: Establishes and
implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal
controls requirements. Ensures that established
processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal
Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing
processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to
which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and
implements corrective actions with regard to department internal
controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, with preference for a
graduate tax degree (MST, MBA or LLM) and/or JD.
- Professional Certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant
and/or IPT-CMI designation) desirable. • At least seven years of
total accounting and tax experience, with tax experience with a
large public accounting firm or large corporate organization
- At least two years of experience in a supervisor role.
- Possession of well-developed tax technical expertise in income
taxes and the ability to effectively address and manage complex
matters involving past, present and future considerations and
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills and the ability
to identify issues and develop and implement practical
- PC literate within a Windows environment and proficient with
spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Experience and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Strong working knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and
negotiation skills and the ability to act as an advocate for the
Company, when necessary, and to interact effectively with a wide
variety of people within and outside .
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Arlington Heights , Tax Manager, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!