Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Location: Lake Zurich
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What You Will Do
Responsible for assessments and treatments of patients with
speech and language disorders, including development, mental, and
organic involvement according to physician's orders.
- Provides services in speech pathology or audiology in
accordance with the physician's Plan of Care. Demonstrates
competency in the skills required by the agency.
- Assists the physician in assessing the patient's level of
functioning and the development (and revision, as necessary) of the
Plan of Care by applying appropriate tests for speech, hearing and
- Records and reports the patient's response to treatment and any
changes in the patient's condition to the physician and/or Director
- Instructs and advises the patient, family and other health team
personnel regarding their roles in the speech pathology Plan of
- Recommends hearing tests by audiologist when necessary. Checks
- Assesses the patient's communication, oral-motor integrity,
cognitive status, memory and problem solving activities, hearing
and speech fluency and quality.
- Cooperates and consults with appropriate staff to provide staff
education when requested.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates, the speech pathology
needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements and makes
necessary revisions to the patient's Plan of Care. Assesses the
patient's continual care needs. Includes all problems identified in
the assessment in the Plan of Care or documents rationale for not
- Master's degree with a major in speech pathology or
- Current and unencumbered license to practice speech pathology
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (SLP-CCC) granted by
the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association(AHSA).
- One (1) year of experience in speech pathology preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
- Previous clinical experience treating adult and/or geriatric
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Arlington Heights , Speech Pathologist, Other , Lake Zurich, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!