Sr Manager, Product Communications
Company: Horizon Pharma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The senior manager, product communications, will manage the
development and implementation of communications initiatives
supporting Horizon's medicine for neuromyelitis optica spectrum
disorder (NMOSD), which is a rare neuroinflammatory autoimmune
disease that attacks the optic nerve, spinal cord and brain stem.
Responsibilities include working closely with the director, product
communications - as well as across functions (e.g. marketing,
advocacy, medical, clinical) - to educate patients, caregivers and
healthcare professionals about the disease and Horizon's
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public
relations or related field required.
- 6-8 years of experience in a pharma/healthcare communications
or public relations role.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in social media, including
Facebook community management and strategy.
- Demonstrated pharma/healthcare social media strategy and
- Able to manage multiple priorities, establishing and
maintaining effective and efficient channels of communication with
new media and opinion leaders.
- Experience managing contractors and external agencies.
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal, team, and
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating
strategic thinking into action-oriented plans and
developing/implementing new creative initiatives.
- Proven ability to translate complex data into consumer-facing
messages and materials.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills aimed at
executives and a variety of audiences.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint,
- Industry experience (either public relations agency or in-house
biotechnology pharmaceutical company) strongly preferred.
- Requires approximately 20% travel, including some overnight and
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Pharma, Arlington Heights , Sr Manager, Product Communications, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!