Company: Alchemy Systems
Location: Arlington Heights
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Responsibilities - Entry Level Position:
- Loading and unloading of products and materials with shipping
carriers, also inspect and verify incoming shipments against
paperwork and any documents provided.
- Open the packages and receive them in the order of priority
based off the client submitted request form.
- Record product's full description and the condition the product
was delivered by the shipper into internal computer system.
- Record shortages/Damages of the products from each shipment in
the computer system and communicate to the concerned team.
- Affix a unique barcode for each sample and place it in
appropriate container for storage.
- Notify recipients of deliveries, also route deliveries to its
designated area or to individual within the same day of
- Assist with moving of samples to the different departments in
- Respond to shipping, receiving, sample movement and disposal
inquiries, provide support, resolve discrepancies, related with
logistics activity from internal teams.
- Move and store (Put-away) samples from lab area into warehouse
and include storage location in the computer system.
- Assist with sample disposal activity as per the established
standard operating procedure.
- Assist with domestic and international shipments in creating
shipping labels, boxes, shrink wrapping and creating shipping
documents as needed by the service providers like FedEx, UPS, and
- Record every sample movement in the computer system as per
standard operating procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience working in logistics department is
- Completion of forklift training is preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking
environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds of load.
- Ability to perform 80% of work in standing position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel and
- Willingness to learn, adapt to the environment, and to perform
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed
within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment,
all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Keywords: Alchemy Systems, Arlington Heights , Shipper/Receiver, Other , Arlington Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!