Wine & Spirits Team Member
Location: Arlington Heights
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Company Name: Mariano's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while
creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a
friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a
shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient
service through hands-on knowledge of all Wine and Spirits
products. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect,
honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a
pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by
demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer
interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the
store and assist them by escorting them to products,
loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions
and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., Scanner, register, check verification,
scale, check approval machine, coupon machine, intercom and
telephone) according to company guidelines.
- Check customer identification and ensure sales are made to
- Follow basic product handling procedures.
- Assist with product presentation, rotation, and
- Ensure in-stock position of available product.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution,
product skills and process skills.
- Ensure consistent execution of all Wine/ Spirits standard
operating procedures (SOPs).
- Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure
additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase
sales of products during sales events.
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and
monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Create a product sales plan for scheduled shift; identify
department opportunities during shifts and create plans for
- Plan work duties appropriately during the shift to accomplish
all assigned tasks.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive
of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company
guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety
regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues
and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently
lift/carry objects 10-55 lbs., push/pull objects up to 200 lbs.,
walk on uneven ground, turn, stand, reach stoop/bend,; occasionally
lift/carry objects more than 60 lbs., push/pull objects 100 to 550
lb., and exposure to coolers and freezers (-20 to 40o).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the
Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make
what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to
continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and
service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find
opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and
be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and
creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Arlington Heights || 802 East Northwest
Highway || 60004 || Mariano's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service;
Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Arlington Heights , Wine & Spirits Team Member, Other , Arlington Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!