Shift: Full time, Days
Reporting to the IT Operations Support Manager this position
oversees the IT Service Desk staff, supervising day-to-day
operations of the Service Desk. Manages escalation procedures and
ensures customer Service Level Agreements are met. Provides
technical help, supervising and coordinating group projects,
documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a
timely manner. Validates or coordinates the work of other Service
Desk staff members. Supports improvements to process, provides
hands-on support to end users at the desktop level and is a
knowledge resource for other team members. Has no authority for
1. Supervises day-to-day operations of the IT Service Desk
2. Oversees and maintains customer Service Level Agreements
between the IT Service Desk and all supported NCH departmental user
groups and system user groups, implementing customer service
quality assurance initiatives, refining and monitoring the problem
escalation and resolution process.
3. Serves as the escalation point for user requests and concerns
regarding service level agreements. Performs direct customer
follow-up and resolution.
4. Manages the processing of incoming calls to the IT Service
Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and
effective resolution of end user issues.
5. Facilitates Rapid Assessment Team (RAT) calls used to address
system outages or enterprise-wide disruptions and facilitates Post
Call Action Item (PCAI) review meetings to confirm after action
items discussed during RAT calls are resolved.
6. Creates staff schedules ensuring coverage for all shifts.
7. Tracks and analyzes trends in the IT Service Desk and
generates statistical reports.
8. Designs and enforces request handling and escalation
9. Oversees the development, implementation and administration
of Knowledge Base articles used for staff training procedures and
10. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards,
policies and procedures.
1. Associates degree with 2 years of experience, or 4 years of
experience in a related field with knowledge of basic network
2. Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in a customer service
environment including experience working in a call center
3. Knowledge of Avaya ACD reporting systems preferred.
4. Previous experience leading a team preferred.
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
6. Strong detail orientating and time management skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Technical aptitude.
9. The organizational skills necessary to independently manage
people and projects.
10. Strong problem solving skills; ability to deal with problems
involving abstract variables in non-standard, rapidly emerging
11. Strong personal relationship skills and the ability to keep
a high motivation with both agents and staff.
12. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
13. Demonstrates progressive experience in the supervision of a
technical support team.
14. Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to
effectively communicate system issues with users, vendors, and
15. Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, other associates and
management of Northwest Community Healthcare.
16. Ability to handle difficult clients and situations in a
professional and courteous manner.
17. The ability to work long hours during crisis situations and
provide emergency phone and/or on-site support during non-standard
hours as needed.
1. Requires very little physical effort. Rarely required to
stand or walk for extended periods.
2. The flow of work and character of duties involves normal
mental and visual attention
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Typical office working conditions. Absence of disagreeable
elements. Probability of injury is small.