Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Redis
Company: Vail Systems, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Redis
Vail Systems is seeking a Software Engineer who has strong
expertise with distributed database systems specifically Redis to
act as an internal consultant to engineering staff to ensure
uniform adoption and centralized integration for how Redis is
utilized in software at Vail. The role may be expanded to include
other distributed databases in the future such as Kafka. As part of
the Engineering team, the Software Engineer will be expected to
coordinate closely with Systems Engineering and Linux Systems
Administration teams to build internal software tools. Initially,
this position would conduct a state and needs analysis to evaluate
current usage of Redis, write and implement best practices for
architecting and monitoring software systems. This role is
team-oriented as you will collaborate with cross-functional and
highly technical engineering staff, but you will also be required
to be an independent self-starter.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Linux (CentOS 8) and
programming background in languages such as C, C++, or Python. They
should also have experience providing technical direction to
identify and utilize best-fit architectural solutions for multiple
projects across Vail's product suite. The candidate will require
knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker or similar container
orchestration systems and deployment processes. Additionally, the
candidate should be adaptable, detail-oriented, and a continuous
What you'll do:
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues to provide timely
resolution for complex Redis software issues that improve system
- Build, patch, and maintain Redis clusters.
- Perform cluster operations including expansion and migration to
- Develop and maintain automation scripts as needed.
- Coordinate deployments with operations teams to update, patch
and upgrade Redis.
- Act as the central integration point for engineering teams and
customers to leverage Redis and make recommendations in support of
their technical and business requirements.
- Document best practices and procedures for technical teams to
reference in order to architect and monitor software systems that
utilize Redis and other data services.
- Consult at the highest technical level with clients, IT
management, and enterprise-wide teams.
- Continually update Redis documents by adding and deleting data
attributes for example, when modifications are made to user
- Program Pub/Sub messages in Redis to allow subscribers to
retrieve data pushed from appropriate channels.
- Maintain and update mapping of Redis architecture.
- Assist other teams design resilient Redis architectures to
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Software Engineering or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a software development role.
- Prior professional experience with C, C++, Python, or another
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and shell
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker or similar cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with general distributed database systems and
messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with Jenkins/CloudBees or similar CI/CD software
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Experience with DevOps practices.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira and
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that
just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for
that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to
shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the
unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more
intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our
experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their
customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of
various voice technologies. From basic network services, to
state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics,
Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every
At Vail Systems we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of
continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both
personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions
that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our
employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to
the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment
where open communication is fostered amongst teams. Product
development is centered around the end user to ensure Vail's
products are efficient, productive and add value for our
Keywords: Vail Systems, Inc., Arlington Heights , Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Redis, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!