Company: Learning Resources
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: June 8, 2021
About Learning Resources:
Learning Resources, Educational Insights and hand2mind, three
family-owned companies have been helping parents and teachers build
generations of amazing kids since 1984. Voted one of the Chicago
Tribune's Top Workplaces in 2020. We are a 300-person strong
organization and dedicated to helping kids learn through play with
our award-winning products, including Toy of the Year winners
Tumble Trax, Botley the Coding Robot, Cuisenaire Rods, VersaTiles
and Coding Critters. We have an entire team of experts in play!
From teachers, scientists, artists, coders, to kids-at-heart, we
pride ourselves on having a thriving culture and a diverse,
creative atmosphere. Come join an award-winning team today!
Scope of Responsibilities: HR Generalist
- Will help oversee the entire employee lifecycle and all
elements that influence it. This includes assisting with all
processes from new hire on-boarding, benefits enrollment and
orientations, employee engagement, retention; all the way through
- Assists with Employee Relations and communication or
administration of new policies or handbook revisions.
- Aids in the execution of employee training programs.
- Helps promote an internal employee development culture.
- Is an integral part of our Culture Team responsible for helping
drive employee engagement.
- Assists HR team with the planning of all company meetings and
- Helps guide managers on Performance Management process
- Preps the team for Annual Goal Setting
- Helps with general HR functions such as, but not limited to the
completion of new hire forms, employee on-boarding, orientations,
employee file maintenance, ADP HRIS maintenance and data
- All other duties as assigned by HR Manager or other HR
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in the field of Human
Resources, Psychology or OD
- 3-5 years prior HR Generalist experience required.
- Willing and able to work onsite in our Vernon Hills, IL offices
- Organizational Development experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Great at building relationships and fostering teamwork.
- Approachable and friendly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
Ideal Attributes of this Individual Would Include:
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability
- Drives for Results
- Engages and Inspires Others
- Change Agent
Physical Demands of this Position:
- Standing up to 20% of the time.
- Sitting up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
We are a drug-free workplace and an EEO employer.
This role will be filled by our internal recruitment team, so no
assistance is needed from any outside staffing agency at this
Keywords: Learning Resources, Arlington Heights , HR Generalist, Other , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!