Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
Location: Arlington Heights
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM
local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost
effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all functions and regulations related to loan
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance
indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies
to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all
Impact on the Business
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the customer during
the mortgage origination process while providing continual status
updates to the client and the loan officer through loan
- Collect the loan conditions pursuant to HSBC guidelines and
prepare the file for submission to underwriting. Work to resolve
any additional required conditions to ensure timely
- Build relationships with aligned sales partners and internal
- Proactive management/execution of an average active loan
pipeline of 35-40 loans
- Proactive pipeline management to ensure all client contractual
closing date and rate locks are met
- Achieve published standards and other key performance
indicators (attendance, revenue, retention, service levels,
operational risk, etc).
- Meet all performance targets including standards in quality and
- Abide by first call resolution in alignment with global
standards to promote customer satisfaction.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Mortgage Retail Sales
- Mortgage Direct
- Mortgage Business Development and Customer Acquisition
- Credit risk - RBWM
- BRCM and Compliance functions supporting RBWM
- Underwriting Quality Control - RBWM
- Private Bank Mortgage team - sales and credit
- Key vendors supporting Mortgage Loan Originations at HSBC
- Third Party Management function in HSBC
- Head of Mortgage and Mortgage Leadership Team
Leadership & Teamwork
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance,
urgency, customer and business impact.
- Deliver excellent customer service .
- Champion and embrace change and innovation
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do,
sharing best practice.)
- Communicate the HSBC vision, values and goals to others clearly
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintain highest standards of risk management, control and
- Reduce overall operating losses and credit risk within
- Maintain KYC standards.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources
needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and
implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to
maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to
ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy
and procedural compliance and early identification and effective
resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely, accurate, quality information to stakeholders
to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver desired outcomes - positive customer experience,
reduced cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with demanding
internal standards, multiple internal control functions and
multiple government regulators.
- Completing multiple tasks under aggressive time constraints
while making accurate decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Working with a wide range of direct and functional areas
- Close collaboration with mortgage management team, RBWM Credit
risk, Legal and Compliance to constantly execute operations and
meet our customer needs.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with
HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations
with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working
conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of
light materials.The physical demands/work environment described
above are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required
as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
- Loan Processing experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage
systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 5 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage
systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in business, accounting, related
field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, organizational, analytical,
administrative, problem-solving, project management and
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC
systems and software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and objectives independently and
within the team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: HSBC, Arlington Heights , Senior Mortgage Loan Processor, Other , Arlington Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!