Sustainability and EHS Analyst
Company: CF Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas
into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the
nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that
feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful
emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class
manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we
serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a
part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every
AK0100ACS1 Corp EHS, Exempt
The Analyst, EHS and Sustainability will manage the Company's
tracking and reporting of sustainability and EHS projects in
support of strategic initiatives. Specifically, projects will focus
on the collection, management and analysis of enterprise data that
support Company sustainability and EHS (environmental, health, and
safety) goals, including those related to air emissions, water,
safety, process safety, and product stewardship as well as the
clean energy initiatives. This role is responsible for ensuring
assignments meet the scope, schedule, cost and analysis objectives
of the business. This role will assist in ensuring timely and
accurate reporting to external stakeholders as well as updates to
Senior Leadership and Board of Directors.
- Monitors and reports on the Company's sustainability
performance, including coordination of data collection and
production of annual sustainability report.
- Tracks Scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions against
the Company's reduction objectives and ongoing GHG emissions
- Develops water footprints, waste footprints and other
environmental inventories, including data analysis emission factor
development, calculation methodology, web-system deployment and
support locations' environmental reporting activities.
- Assists manufacturing and distribution teams in assessing the
sustainability impacts of potential projects and investments.
Assists in calculating the potential avoided emissions from our
assets and the products provided to our clients.
- Coordinates with the EHS team to ensure environmental,
biodiversity, water use, and climate resiliency compliance for
- Completes and validates Life Cycle Assessments for relevant
products and maintains enterprise footprints for carbon and water,
including annual updates.
- Applies knowledge of the global sustainability reporting
frameworks and standards such as Global Reporting Initiative
Standards (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB),
and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), to
help focus the Company's efforts for improvement.
- Supports the Procurement team in assessing the sustainability
performance of our suppliers and responds to customer
sustainability data requests in a complete and timely manner.
- Creates dashboards to streamline data collection process and
development of data visualizations to enhance understanding of
performance. Supports the development and implementation of data
tracking tools, including sustainability data management and
- Performs rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of
empirical data with particular focus on environmental data such as
GHG, other air emissions, and water. Executes an annual data
assurance process including continual improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with a multifunctional team (e.g., human
resources, investor relations, public affairs, finance, etc.) to
manage responses to key sustainability surveys, ratings and
rankings. Understands the key factors driving the Company's
sustainability scores and identify opportunities for score
- Stays abreast of global sustainability and EHSQ reporting
trends, including the sustainability ratings and rankings
ecosystem, reporting frameworks, sustainability reporting standards
and disclosure legislation and provide recommendations for
improvement. Researches and communicates key emerging information
and trends relating to global sustainability initiatives such as
climate change policy, corporate sustainability programs, clean
energy, and other relevant market areas.
- Engages directly with a variety of stakeholders, including
third-party auditors, on increasing expectations and trends for
material data disclosure, data tracking, reporting and
- Actively participates and engages as a member of the EHS team,
collaborate and contribute to the overall improvement of EHS
Successful Incumbents will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in project engineering and execution.
- 3-5 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience in sustainability data management and reporting,
including familiarity with the GHG Protocol and emissions
calculation approaches is an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge in statistical tools and analysis
- Knowledge in various data collection and assessment
- Time management and organizational skills; including the
ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and
assignments with competing demands
- Ability to perform analytical-related activities of large
amounts of data and identify trends
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Access and Word to combine and
analyze large amounts of data from various sources, and generate
reports and graphics
- Skill in effectively communicating complex information verbally
and in writing
- Skill in analyzing and summarizing data gleaned from a variety
of sources and preparing benchmark reports
- Skill in researching and supporting the implementation of state
of the art sustainable practices
- Decision-making capabilities through collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This position is responsible for managing EHSQ and
sustainability data collection, processing and validation to
provide high-quality information in a field of increasing strategic
importance for the Company.
- Travel required: Up to 20%.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Inc., Arlington Heights , Sustainability and EHS Analyst, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!