Regional Safety Manager
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Arlington Heights
Posted on: June 6, 2021
What you will do
In partnership with Regional leadership, directs the effective
implementation of strategic safety initiatives that build and
sustain the region's culture of safety excellence. Leads and
supports the Region's safety function, validates adherence to
requirements, goals and directs improvement planning efforts. Leads
project teams to address program changes or issues that apply
across the NA field businesses. Provides technical support on
safety matters to region. Provides direction to Regional Safety and
Health Manager I and contracted site safety professionals.
How you will do it
- Directs the implementation of the business' safety strategy at
the Region-level and works with the business unit safety team to
modify based on results.
- Leads and develops a team of Regional safety professionals in
the execution and sustainability of a results-oriented culture of
safety excellence. Educates and develops Regional and branch
leadership in the behaviors that lead to a results-oriented culture
of safety excellence.
- Works closely with safety team to identify incident trends and
initiates the modifications necessary on a Regional level.
- Shares trend information with safety counterparts in other
- Works with the Regional team to address leadership roadblocks
and provide recommendations on corrective action.
- Directs incident investigation activities including the
identification of root cause and corrective action and leads the
Region's Incident Review. Develops communication of lessons-learned
to share incident across business.
- Directs and leads the implementation of the Region's safety
programs and processes specific to the businesses at the Regional,
Branch and project/site level where necessary.
- Formulates Regional communication strategy for leadership to
maintain a high level of safety awareness at the front line
employee level. Validates strategy is effective and modifies as
- Validates program and process implementation at all levels
within Region-employee, leadership, project, branch. Reports and
recommends action on findings to branch/Regional leadership.
- Coaches leadership to take appropriate disciplinary action
based on circumstances when employee unsafe behavior or leader
disregard for their safety responsibilities is identified.
- Conducts training based on specific need such as non-routine
hazard, customer-requirement, injury trend data, etc., for all
levels of region employees.
- Finalizes and reports-out on safety performance metrics leading
and lagging, including the completion of the Leader Safety
Practices (i.e. Jobsite audits, monthly training, etc.) and
progress against safety goals.
- Conducts and documents the required audits and works with
leadership team to develop, complete and track progress of
improvement plan. Works with consultant where third party audits
- Presents and promotes Johnson Controls' safety program and
performance data to external customers based on need as established
by the customer, sales or operations.
- Leads a project focus team that is responsible for the
development and/or modification of a core safety program or process
that supports the Safety team's overall goals and direction.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational or Environmental Safety or
- A minimum of fifteen years work experience in industrial and/or
construction safety in a multiple facility environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with a strong
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to influence at all
- Ability to travel 50-60%.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please viewEEO is theLaw. If you are
an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation
during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Arlington Heights , Regional Safety Manager, Other , Arlington Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!