Shift Supervisor - Deerfield, MO
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Shift Supervisor - Deerfield, MO
This is a full-time, exempt level position.
The Deerfield, Missouri soybean crushing operation also has a
soy oil refinery and a biodiesel plant. This is a non-union
facility with a workforce of approximately 75 employees. The Shift
Supervisors primary responsibilities include supervising the daily
activities of safety, quality, and production procedures as well as
leading employees in all aspects of production during shift.
- Display a dedication to lead, participate, and support all
safety and environmental rules and regulations applicable to the
- Responsible for supervising all production staff during
- Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
- Adhere to and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP),
HACCP, FSMA and SQF requirements. Be responsible for the daily
plant operations, which include safety and environmental
compliance, food safety, quality control, production, cost
optimization and efficiencies.
- Provide solutions and promote collaboration amongst the various
groups such as production, maintenance and quality.
- First line of involvement with lock out/tag out procedures and
confined space entries.
- Monitor, review, and suggest/direct initiatives for continuous
improvement in all areas of operations.
- Review employee performance and assist in employee
- Work directly with Quality Manager and managerial staff to
assure quality control standards and customer expectations are
upheld throughout processing.
- Responsible for ensuring proper cleaning and sanitation of the
- Observes equipment throughout facility and reports concerns to
- Leads work of all production employees.
- Give feedback on a routine basis to all employees.
- Assist with scheduling and daily production records as
- Administer supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
company's policies and applicable laws, including training
employees; appraising performance; rewarding and focusing
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop positive relationship with plant management, planning,
transportation, quality and inventory control
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work any shift required, including weekends and
holidays as applicable.
- Collaborate with other associates in a dynamic
- Flexibility and welcoming of changes in work routine.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time while
performing job duties.
- Capability of working in confined spaces and from heights,
bending, kneeling, able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and ability to
wear a respirator.
- Ability to analyze information quickly to provide feedback in
the manufacturing process and troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Prior work related and leadership experiences preferred.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including
401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable
pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland Company, Arlington Heights , Shift Supervisor - Deerfield, MO, Other , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!