Job Title: Union Lead Operating Engineer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Hours:Full Time
Reports To: Assistant Chief and Chief Engineer
- We are currently seeking a Union Lead Operating Engineer who
will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance
of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, machinery and
related controls and components at our client's facility.
- Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the
physical plant and buildings
- Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing,
Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for
the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards
- Monitor Maintains responsibility for tenant services,
preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control,
contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical
- Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water
cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating,
ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and
filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment
- Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests
accurately and expediently.
- Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program
for the building.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely
- Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed
by outside contractors.
- Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve
performance to operate efficiently.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established for the
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends
- Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures,
technical and safety training programs.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation,
water treatment and fire life safety systems
- Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude
- Familiarity with computers and operations and office automation
applications, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk long distances to cover property
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- The number of individuals in the work group varies from one to
- Will require daily interaction with teams in person, on the
phone, and via email in order to perform the job
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established
safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs., climb ladders and work on roof
Minimum Required Education:
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years experience in electrical, HVAC trade, including rooftop
- 4 years experience in backup systems (generator and UPS)
- Universal CFC certification
- Stationary Engineers License
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLLs recruitment process.
We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of
our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process including the online application and/or overall
selection process you may email us at
Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an
accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries
to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions
are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to
disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to
a background check for any convictions directly related to its
duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be
considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy
Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about
your personal information.If you are viewing this on a mobile
device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified
Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Posted 2 Days Ago
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that
specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes
the future of real estate for a better world by using the most
advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing
spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our
people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with
annual revenue of $16.6 billion, operations in over 80 countries
and a global workforce of more than 91,000 as of December 31, 2020.
JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang
LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com .