This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter
your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people
around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every
hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years,
we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-
where your purpose accelerates our mission.
With minimal supervision, effectively contribute solid technical
knowledge and execute within discipline on assigned deliverables in
support of strategic innovation activities and prioritized
sustaining activities in support of on-market products. Display
basic technical understanding of related disciplines and conduct
routine/non-routine research and design experiments with minimal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently, or with minimal supervision, make sound
technical recommendations regarding projects/matters that are more
routine than not.
- Provide engineering analysis/design input to on-market and new
products under development, including assessment, design and
utilization of key experimental verification methods.
- Independently select techniques and procedures to solve
problems within area of responsibility.
- Possess knowledge of and maintain support for key strategic
innovation projects and adjacent areas of interest.
- Understand how to translate identified User Needs into
unambiguous, testable engineering requirements.
- Employs appropriate techniques/methods to successfully and
independently execute routine assignments within negotiated
- Identify existing alternative methods and technologies for
improving existing or new products/processes.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant QSR and safety requirements
while building knowledge of other regulatory requirements related
to R&D (product development, design and safety) to ensure
compliance in all research, data collection and reporting
activities. Recommends appropriate designs, techniques and
processes for a specified sequence of tasks where needed.
- Contributes to technical feasibility analysis of complex
research and design concepts.
- Possesses working knowledge and understanding of GxP and
related regulations and guidance.
- Demonstrates ability to apply technical theories and principles
to projects within area of expertise for non-routine tasks.
- Analyze and determine best solutions to non-routine
experimental design or research problems with minimal assistance.
Accurately assess results for validity and conformance to
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering
disciplines, including but not limited to Computer Aided
Engineering (CAE) tools for design and analysis.
- Possess strong technical writing and computer skills.
- Possess a solid understanding of statistical methods and how to
apply them in analysis of technical data and establishing test
populations and protocol design.
- Effectively able to contribute and work as a cross-functional
team member on a project team.
- Demonstrates flexibility and be comfortable handling ambiguity
- Exhibit good situational awareness and readiness to adapt plans
- Ability to objectively assess, organize, and clearly
communicate complex technical information.
- Interpret available information and make recommendations to
resolve technical challenges.
- Appropriately prioritize assignments to meet project
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical
Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering / Science with 2-4
years of related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.