Have you considered being a Transit Van Driver in your
community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
At First Transit we make a large impact in our community
everyday! Everyday our drivers serve the Lake County community by
providing safe and reliable transportation. Each day our drivers
provide essential transportation to individuals who rely on our
service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much,
much more! If you love helping people and driving - come work for
us! We offer the employment experience you desire and the
flexibility you need.
No CDL? No Problem! We provide paid training!
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the
necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance
with CDC Guidelines.
Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer
are all provided
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the "lots
of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do" line of work!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- $15/ HR Starting Wage
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off, paid holidays and paid sick time
- Make extra money with overtime opportunities
- Flexible Schedule- part time work available to fit your
- Year round work (unlike a school bus driving positions)
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and
reliable manner throughout Lake County.
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or
other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Hold your Class C CDL with Passenger endorsement
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 5 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test, and
First Transit provides easy and convenient mobility, improving
quality of life by connecting people and communities - That's why
we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance