Senior Premier Banker - Buffalo Grove
Company: BMO Harris
Location: Arlington Heights
Posted on: May 3, 2021
500 Half Day Road
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
As a Licensed Premier Banker at BMO Harris Bank, you will:
- Enjoy the autonomy to proactively manage and build an assigned
portfolio of clients across multiple branch locations.
- Act as the primary client contact to uncover financial needs
and provide meaningful solutions.
- Partner one on one with a Financial Advisor to guide clients
through the financial planning process.
- Enjoy a competitive base salary, quarterly and annual incentive
opportunities, as well as best in class benefits with a company
that celebrates big ideas, supports your personal and professional
growth, and makes a real impact in local communities.
Builds and manages an assigned portfolio of clients in targeted
household sizes with investable personal assets. Actively pursues
leads to develop new retail mortgage business for existing
customers that meet Premier qualifications for deposits. Acts as
the primary client contact to uncover individual and family
financial needs and provide solutions directly or through referrals
to business partners in compliance with internal controls and
audit, regulatory, and compliance policies.
U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer
loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and
Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act).
This position will require a Federal registration with the
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will
instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with
this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history
evaluation will be required for this position as well as
restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Proactively works with branch business partners to identify
existing customers that meet the target profile and create a
- Proactively works with assigned customer base to identify and
maintain and electronic pipeline of market expansion
- Develops a 3-5 year plan for projected sales strategies and
- Actively participates in the community to identify prospects
through relationship building efforts and identify centres of
influence (e.g. law and accounting firms) and two-way referral
- Uses a consultative sales process to develop strong customer
relationships and act as their financial advisor.
- Executes quality customer review meetings for retention and
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads
or participates in a variety of change management activities
including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management,
execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan
designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops
tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient
- Prequalifies home buyers to provide financing alternatives and
provides guidance through mortgage application and processing
- Informs clients about available options for conducting banking
transactions and provides transactional guidance in the use of
digital and self-serve technologies.
- Monitors individual exception reports and takes action to
- Makes key recommendations on products, pricing, and services;
links customer to business partner experts based on key financial
- Manages entertainment expenses for clients with corporate
credit cards and assists with event planning and marketing
- Analyzes transactions for compliance with sound credit granting
principles; recommends remedies to maintain acceptable asset and
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems
within given rules.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in
collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for
execution of business / group strategy.
- Analyzes to confirm security valuations and completes and
approves credit applications for authorization in compliance with
the Bank's lending policy.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Provides individual and group training and communication
updates to branch personnel to enhance business partner knowledge
and skills and provide updates regarding referrals.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more
efficient processes, enhance analysis, and/or streamline
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies due
diligence in accordance with Bank's policies and ethical standards
for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting,
money laundering, or defalcation.
- Adheres to business banking lending processes, policies,
procedures, legal, regulatory, audit, and ethical
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information
in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies risks and takes appropriate actions, including all
documentation and other regulatory requirements to maintain
- Liaises between clients and various departments across the
organization to discuss issues and procedures, and provide product
support and expertise.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have
broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems
within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may
include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and
post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a financial services organization
with knowledge of banking products, services, pricing, and
- Advanced understanding of deposit, loan (including mortgage)
and banking products and practices, cash flow analysis, lending
process and directives, credit risk policies and standards,
supporting processes, applicable legal and regulatory requirements,
and Bank policies.
- Excellent understanding of brokerage and insurance
- Excellent knowledge of business services, including retirement
plans, business banking solutions, insurance, and succession
planning - required.
- Excellent understanding of personal trust and investment
management - required.
- In-depth knowledge of client portfolio management.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Arlington Heights , Senior Premier Banker - Buffalo Grove, Other , Arlington Heights, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!