Company: DWF Claims
Posted on: May 17, 2022
DWF Claims is seeking candidates for a Professional Liability
Insurance Claims Counsel to examine, investigate, evaluate and
resolve professional liability insurance claims including analysis
of liability, damages and coverage issues. Focus is on professional
liability claims, including: architects, engineers, brokers,
miscellaneous E&O, accountants, lawyers, and EPLI. Flexible
- Review, investigate and evaluate claim notices, incident reports,
correspondence, investigative reports, and various technical
documents to determine coverage, liability exposure, and resolution
- Establish and maintain claim reserves;
- Manage and coordinate litigation by hiring defense counsel and
required experts, review of draft pleadings, litigation plans,
budgets and invoices;
- Document all contacts, claim transactions, and otherwise maintain
electronic claim files;
- Some travel is required for participation in mediation of claims
and risk review audits (note travel has been suspended during Covid
- Prepare reports to management, clients and other designated
recipients- strong writing skills required.
- Assist management to fulfill company goals.
- Manage and resolve difficult cases with some supervision.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Law degree
- Prefer at least two years of experience in handling insurance
claims or in litigation.
Bar licensing is required. Candidates must also qualify to be
licensed as independent claims adjusters in various states.
Candidates cannot have a criminal background, or ever been subject
to professional discipline. Final applicants subject to background
Keywords: DWF Claims, Arlington Heights , Claims Attorney, Legal , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!