Manager, Software Engineering
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Summary: This role managers a team of software engineers
responsible for providing desired functionality to assigned digital
content, products and/or services. Job Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of software engineers responsible for providing
desired functionality to assigned digital content, products or
- Manages the development, testing and implementation of software
that meets established specifications on time and within
- Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and
prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Manages the activities of software development, enhancements
and new products including cloudbased or internet-related
- Oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and
modification of computer programs for commercial or end user
- Ensures that features deployed have technical integrity and
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and
recommend technical solutions and services.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan.
May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings
them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative
application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with
internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives.
Develops and mentors staff through onboarding, open communication,
training and development opportunities and performance management
processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation;
ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required
competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace. About
Walgreens Boots Alliance Walgreens is included in the U.S. Retail
Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance,
Inc. Nasdaq WBA, an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail
leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBAs
purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health.
Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico
and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a
neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers
each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S.
healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and
healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to
care for the nations medically underserved populations. To best
meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true
omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital
platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high
quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience as a
software engineer or developer or similar OR High School
Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience as a software
engineer or developer or similar
- Experience with programming languages for online applications,
microservices or mobile applications or deployment automation
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best
- Experience working across multiple and disparate teams.
- Experience working in and leading agile teams
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state). Preferred Qualifications
- Experience writing code for moderately complex
- Experience writing automation test or deployment scripts
- Experience developing or maintaining Cloud Native or mobile
- Experience designing/building moderately complex
- Experience identifying operational issues and
recommending/implementing strategies to resolve
- Previous experience as a full stack developer ranging from
front end user interfaces to backend systems
- Expert level knowledge of software engineering best practices
including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build process, testing & operations
- Proficiency in design, development, security & scalability of
high-volume services implementation in Java, Node/Typescript, .Net,
or Python, etc
- Hands on with modern UI frameworks like React, with excellent
knowledge of client-side security & front-end patters (stateless
components, conditional rendering, controlled components, hooks,
- Demonstratable experience of design, development, query &
database optimization of distributed SQL (eg, Oracle, MySQL) &
NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc) databases
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Manager, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...