Field Service Engineer (Chicago)
Company: S&C Electric Company
Posted on: May 16, 2023
Field Service Engineer opportunity available at the Field
Services Distribution Center with S&C Electric Company. This
position requires fulltime onsite presence at the Distribution
Center and/or customer sites when assigned. The position we seek to
fill is for a person that can demonstrate extensive experience with
power electronics equipment involving power levels of Low Voltage,
Medium Voltage, and High Voltage capacities. Excellent analytical
skills and a strong technical background are required. Ability to
effectively interact, communicate, and train customers is a
requirement. The responsibilities of this position include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Leading, directing, and conducting complex system commissioning
- Providing telephone troubleshooting support for customers and
- Communicating effectively with customers and others while
performing tasks such as troubleshooting, installation support, and
system commissioning. Includes extensive field and telephone
- Creating clear, concise, and complete commissioning procedures
& troubleshooting documentation.
- Creating commercial proposals for service jobs.
- Working effectively in a team environment with other S&C
employees, contractors, consultants, customers, and other project
- Conducting training sessions for both customers and S&C
- Adhering to standard industry safety practices and S&C
safety procedures. To select this job as one of interest to you, at
a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college,
university, technical school, applicable military training, or
equivalent experience .
- Strong computer skills in using both, office programs (Excel,
Access and Word) and network communication protocols (DNP3, Modbus,
IEC 61850 etc).
- Working knowledge of networking and IP protocols
- Knowledge of power electronic systems and controls for use in
power distribution and overcurrent protection.
- Knowledge of utility SCADA systems from the substation computer
to the central SCADA servers is preferred.
- Must be proficient with training, communication, and
- A proactive, tenacious, and creative approach to solving
- Proficiency in using test equipment, meter,s and system
- Possess working knowledge of safety practices and electrical
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time.
Typical travel will be on weekdays and within the assigned region,
however there may be a business need for travel outside the region
as well as on weekends and holidays.
- US Citizen possessing or having the ability to obtain a valid
- Minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver's license and a
good driving history/record.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Background and Drug
Screening Relevant Experience Required: Experience in automated
distribution systems MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Some tasks are performed in a standing position for
long periods with breaks when need for proper ergonomics when
performing the task at hand.
- Heights: Must be comfortable performing tasks at elevated
heights and be able to perform work from a ladder, manlift, Scissor
lift, or man basket as necessary.
- Lifting: Proper lifting of items up to 50 pounds with
understanding that use of "Buddy System" lifts for anything over
50lbs may be needed.
- Walking: Walking of moderate distances (+/- 1 mile).
- Carrying: Carrying of luggage, test equipment, tools, etc. to
- Pushing: Use of hand tools that require pushing forces.
- Pulling: Use of hand tools that require pulling forces.
- Bending: Bending or crouching to perform work.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion to perform work.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts, tools, test equipment,
- Environment: Frequent work performed outdoors.
- Technological: Frequent use of laptop and mobile devices i.e.
cell phone, tablet
Keywords: S&C Electric Company, Arlington Heights , Field Service Engineer (Chicago), IT / Software / Systems , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...