Technical Support Specialist I
Company: Medline Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Systems Support for Medline employees Medline Industries is
seeking a driven, creative and hard-working individual for our IT
Help Desk (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm). We seek candidates with an
entrepreneurial mindset who thrive in a fast-paced, large corporate
environment. The role of the Help Desk Analyst is to efficiently
identify and resolve issues resulting in high team contributions
and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction within the
Technical Support Team. Primarily responsible for providing
software and hardware telephone support for Medline%26rsquo;s
employees nationwide. Shift: 9am-6pm This role will primarily be
remote, however occasional attendance at Medline's Mundelein, IL
office may be necessary. Individuals must be located within a
reasonable commute distance to accommodate. Responsibilities
- Diagnose and resolve technology-related problems using
documented procedures and troubleshooting tools (where available)
in the performance of most responsibilities.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and informal training to
customers on hardware and software programs.
- Serve as a single point-of-contact with the IT Department for
end-users. In addition to problem identification, perform
on-the-spot training to prevent problem reoccurrence and promote
- Provide an appropriate level of empathy and sensitivity to all
customers. Promote a professional, responsive, and positive
experience through all aspects of interaction including verbal and
- Follow team guidelines and procedures to manage open
- Accurately and efficiently enter call data into
Medline%26rsquo;s tracking system.
- Escalate higher tier problems to appropriate support
- Provide a high level of detail in the documentation of all
calls that require escalation outside of the immediate team.
- Ensure that all escalated issues have been thoroughly
researched and compared against the team%26rsquo;s knowledge
database prior to escalation.
- Contribute to knowledge database and call tracking database as
needed to enhance quality and consistency of problem
- Create and publish knowledge base articles to assist others in
the diagnosis and resolution of specific issues Qualifications:
COVID-19 Vaccination Please be aware that Medline requires all
employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to
provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date.
Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide
reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be
vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local
- 1+ years of high phone call volume IT help desk work
- Demonstrated working knowledge of basic to moderately complex
hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting
skills in a MicroSoft based environment.
- Experience providing Tier 1 support of low to medium complexity
within a team environment.
- Familiarity working with a call tracking ticketing system and
ACD systems preferred.
- Experience working with troubleshooting tools such as remote
connection tools, SCCM, remote help, a plus.
- Experience supporting one or more of the following preferred:
MS CRM, OneDrive, OneNote, Windows 10, Office 2016.
- Strong team player attitude with the ability to communicate and
work effectively with all levels of employees and team
- Good verbal and written communication skills with strong
customer service skills.
- Associate%26rsquo;s or Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree, or technical
institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or other related field preferred.
Keywords: Medline Industries, Inc., Arlington Heights , Technical Support Specialist I, IT / Software / Systems , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!