Principle Software Engineer 1
Company: Caterpillar Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Connect Can't find what you're looking for?Join our Talent
- Search Jobs
- About Us
- Candidate Login
- English Back to Search Results Previous Opportunity Next
Opportunity Principal Software Engineer, Cat Digital Location:
Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2021 Share: Apply Now Description Career
Area:DigitalJob Description:We at CAT digital are building a
state-of-the-art platform to support a wide range of
customer-focused applications. We are looking for a strong
Principal engineer to join our Platform Services team to develop
detailed designs for multiple complex distributed systems. This
person will work closely with software development teams to bring
the designs to life and bridge any gaps in the integration
phase.JOB DUTIES: As a Principal Software Engineer you will lead
all stages of software development including refining product
vision, gathering requirements, project planning, software system
design, coding, testing, release, deployment and support.
Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with
individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and
development assignments without close supervision; normally
assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Lead role in complex projects spanning across multiple system
- Work in all phases of product creation process including
creating technical requirements, project planning, identifying
dependencies, system architecture and development.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system
- Focus on productivity, quality and competitiveness of major
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve most complex engineering
- Organize and drive configuration management activities of the
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem
identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift
and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure
components that may be used by one or more applications or
- Drives application development focused around delivering
business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical
assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality by establishing
good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help
direct development, debugging, and testing of application software
for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of
components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure
timely, quality results.Basic qualifications:
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college
- 15 years or more of software development experience or at least
12 years of experience with master's degree in computer science or
- 7 years of demonstrated experience leading software engineering
- 8 years or more of experience in designing and developing
software applications in Java or Scala or at least Five years of
experience in Java or Scala with master's degree in computer
science or related field.Top candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects
impacting strategic priorities.
- Ability to cope with shifting priorities, demands and timelines
through analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, delegate responsibilities
and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices,
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD,
Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as
AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink,
- Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS,
Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee
Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and
Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch,
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science
fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a
team-oriented environmentVisa sponsorship available for eligible
applicants.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including
minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities -
are encouraged to apply.Not ready to apply? Submit your information
to our Talent Network here . Share: Apply Now Job Info Mar 20, 2021
R0000021881 United States Similar Jobs Sr. Data Scientist Work
Location City, IL, United States
Human Resources Sr. Data Scientist Chicago, IL, United States
Human Resources Investor Relations Senior Communicator Work
Location City, IL, United States
Communications Investor Relations Senior Communicator Deerfield,
IL, United States
Communications Senior Software Engineer, Cat Digital Chicago, IL,
Digital IT Service Level Manager HOME CITY, IL, United States
- Search Jobs
- Career Areas Info
- Corporate Press Releases Related Links United States
Accommodations Need Help Applying? Caterpillar Participating in
United Kingdom Gender Pay Gap Reporting -- 2021 Caterpillar
better experience for you. Some of these cookies are set
automatically because they're necessary for the site to perform.
Other cookies are used for functional, performance, and targeting
purposes to enhance your experience by personalizing content and
ads, enabling third party content and features, and enabling us to
analyze how this site is used. To learn more, please visit our
Cookie List page.
By clicking 'I Accept', you are agreeing to our use of functional,
performance and targeting cookies. No Thanks I Accept
Keywords: Caterpillar Inc., Arlington Heights , Principle Software Engineer 1, IT / Software / Systems , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!