Human Resources Business Partner (Mundelein IL)
Company: Medline Industries
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Partnerdirectly with business leadership to develop and drive
strategic HR initiativesin support of organizational goals and
objectives (short- and long-term) and toimprove the overall
effectiveness of the business and the HR function. Lead HR
activitiessuch as strategic staffing, employee relations
consulting, talent managementinitiatives, organizational
development initiatives, compensation planning and
administration,change management, conflict management, equal
opportunity/affirmative action,diversity and inclusion initiatives,
leader consulting, HR communications. Assessand anticipate HR
related needs to ensure compliance and mitigate risk andliability
while helping to drive employee engagement and retention by
focusingon employee relations, learning and development,
performance management, andemployment law compliance.
- Serve as primary point of contact to business leadership for
allHR-related needs and initiatives.
- Provide strategic HR consulting and coaching with the goal
toinfluence business leadership action.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about
thebusiness unit's financial position, strategic plans, culture and
- Helps drive productivity and performance, using HR systems
andanalytics to understand business issues, trends and recommended
coursecorrection. Includes disposition of key metrics, projected
outlook, employee relationsissues, reasons for labor turnover,
- Collaborate with business leadership on organizational
strategy,talent acquisition, learning and development, performance
management,compensation, benefits, and employee and labor
- Translate organizational needs into plans of action to
achieveorganizational goals and strategies.
- Ensure human resource policy and procedure throughout
theorganization fit the needs, goals, and aims of the organization
and its topleadership.
- Develop and execute strategic talent management initiatives
-addressing Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, Retention,
PerformanceManagement, Employee Engagement, Training & Development,
and SuccessionPlanning - to ensure alignment with overall business
- Help to deepen cross cultural competence in Leaders and
theirgroups through support of training efforts and diversity
councils, as well asthrough the consideration of cross cultural
impact to business decisions.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit
restructures,workforce planning and succession planning. Establish
strategies to developleadership and management bench-strength and
- Identify and facilitate the delivery of individual
- Enable business change through education and influence of
businessleadership while considering impacts on business goals and
- Provide thought leadership related to strategic delivery of
HRinitiatives; reinforce value of HR initiatives.
- Manage HR program implementation to minimize disruption;
partnerwith leaders to communicate and execute.
- Partners with Centers of Expertise (Employee
Relations,Compensation, Benefits, HR Technology, Talent Acquisition
and Talent Managementand Development) to ensure cohesive delivery
of HR programs and services.
- Foster partnerships across the HR function to deliver
value-addedservice to management and employees that reflects the
business objectives ofthe organization and Medline.
- Applying a broad understanding of all HR programs,
overseeexecution of all annual and ad-hoc HR initiatives (ex.
Annual Pay ReviewCycle(s), Performance Planning Process, Talent
Management Review, PromotionProcess and Review, Employee Engagement
Review, Workforce PlanningInitiatives).
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.Applies
depth and/or breadth of HR expertise asa coach or mentor for other
positions in the department or in the developmentof company-wide HR
initiatives and strategies.
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in
this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.This position
will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they
are fully vaccinated by their start date.Medline is an equal
opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to
those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19
consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business-related
- At least 7 years of Human Resource Generalist or Business
Partner experience demonstrating knowledge of multiple human
resource disciplines, (compensation practices, organizational
diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance
management, and federal and state respective employment laws).
- Experience consulting, influencing and partnering with business
leaders to develop/execute people strategies in driving business
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong employee relations and investigations experience.
- Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects,
competing priorities and critical deadlines.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and facilitating
teams to identify and implement solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle
pressures of deadlines, diverse assignment loads and high work
- Strong influencing skills with people/teams and experience
operating successfully in a complex organization with multiple
stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with HR/Payroll systems such as Oracle, Workday or
- Position may require travel up to 25% of the time for business
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR).
- Experience in one or more Center of Expertise, such as Employee
Relations, Talent Management, Recruitment, or Compensation,
Benefits, and HRIS.
- Experience developing HR strategic initiatives to align with
business goals and budget.
- Knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft.
Keywords: Medline Industries, Arlington Heights , Human Resources Business Partner (Mundelein IL), Human Resources , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...