Manager, Incentive Compensation
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to
develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven
to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to
patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting
work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting
business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are
committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that
bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our
focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business
with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of
people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas,
please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from
certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas'
Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote
work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Leads the development, management, and communication of all
assigned field-based compensation programs including all Bonus
Plans, Sales Contests (SPIFFs), Recognition Programs and all IC
Eligibility guidelines. Leads the effective management of the
administration to ensure accurate and timely payroll reports and
essential budget management and plan effectiveness analyses for
assigned sales forces, the creation and communication of high-level
analysis reports (quarterly and annual), and management of all
vendor projects and the associated budgets.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Leads the implementation and administration of IC programs for
assigned sales forces. This includes managing the monthly field
reporting process, the quarterly payout process, the quarterly goal
setting process, and the MBO process. Ensures accurate and timely
distribution of all sales force and sales leadership reports.
* Oversees the appropriate utilization of resources to effectively
perform technical and analytical support to personnel regarding
sales goals, territory earnings, and any necessary adjustments.
* Oversees the approval process for all payroll reports and IC
* Leads the creation of budget management and plan effectiveness
analysis reports, field-based performance rankings, and earnings
statements in a timely manner.
* Leads the IC design process in collaboration with sales
leadership and other key stakeholders and ensures the timely
finalization and approval of plans.
* Leads the development and roll-out of field IC communications
including IC plans and IC updates and ensures understanding and
pull through of programs.
* Leads the implementation of incentive compensation program and
plan updates and the communication of those updates to field-based
personnel and consultants/vendors.
* Leads the workload of monthly and ad hoc reports to ensure timely
response to all field management requests and associated analysis
is completed. Leads special projects for any/all assigned
* Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of responses to inquiries
submitted to the Incentive Compensation mailbox.
* Manages the process associated with consultants/vendors to
perform system/process assessments to ensure optimum performance
and perform regular maintenance. Also responsible for managing
appropriate project proposals and associated budgets.
* Management of IC administration vendor operating budget.
* Management of incentive bonus targets.
* Accuracy and timeliness of quarterly bonus calculations and
* Accuracy and timeliness of incentive reporting, goals and
communications to field sales.
* Quality and timeliness of operational support for multiple sales
teams, incentive plans, contests and award programs based on
feedback from key customers and cross-functional colleagues.
* Timeliness and accuracy of responses to inquiries submitted to
the IC mailbox
Reports to the Associate Director, Incentive Compensation.
This position requires close collaboration Data Enablement, Field
Analytics, Human Resources, Legal, and Marketing. Also interacts
with internal senior/executive sales management, field personnel,
other internal departments, and outside consultants/vendors on a
regular basis regarding incentive compensation processes.
* Bachelor's degree in business related field required.
* Minimum 6+ years pharmaceutical or related business
* Minimum 6+ years of analytical experience that includes incentive
compensation within the pharmaceutical or healthcare related
* Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to
effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior
management and influence others to follow a plan of action.
* Excellent skills in the following areas: written and verbal
communication, accuracy, and personal initiative.
* Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast-paced
environment, with minimal supervision.
* Extensive computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows
environment including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and
* Experience working in a group environment supporting multiple
teams in an IC manager role.
* Ability to examine issues and problems in a new way and apply
creativity and ingenuity to company strategic objectives to develop
* Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills
with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage
* Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to proactively evaluate
existing strategies and recommend changes, when appropriate.
* Extensive experience with incentive compensation administration
* Some experience in vendor management.
* Knowledge of sales data sources, e.g., Symphony Health IDV and
IQVIA Xponent -
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time,
plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of
employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Astellas, Arlington Heights , Manager, Incentive Compensation, Human Resources , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!