Director, HR Business Strategy & Solutions, Walgreens Health
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Provides strategic HR leadership to Walgreens Health senior
stakeholder team, partnering closely with HR COE's to execute HR
strategies. Responsible for effectively leading people strategies
for the Walgreens Health group in the areas of performance, talent
planning & succession, recruitment, workforce planning, engagement,
diversity, equity, & inclusion, organizational development and
change management. Actively focus on innovative transformation
efforts to build best-in-class processes in support of a
technology-enabled care model designed to provide better
experiences for our consumers, improving health outcomes, and
lowering costs. Develop and implement communication plans and
efforts within Walgreens Health that strengthen and support
employee engagement. Create and implement strategies to manage
employee development, movement, and retention.
Job Location: Walgreens Headquarters, Deerfield, IL
- Influences assigned Business Unit Division leadership team on
matters of organizational development and design, development and
implementation of strategies for talent acquisition, employee
development and training, performance management, employee
communication and change management. Acts as a liaison with
recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee services, learning
services, systems training and consulting, talent management and
employee relations to ensure that all human resources needs are
communicated and managed to meet the needs of the business.
- Manages all human resources initiatives associated with
workforce balancing, including but not limited to, skills
assessments, employee selection and de-selection, severance
activities, and outplacement. Ensures the design and consistent
application of tools to accomplish all activities related to
workforce balancing, and that all activities are performed
according to regulatory and Company guidelines.
- Develops and implements communication and change management
strategies which impact both field and corporate employees adapt to
changes in the workplace that result from organizational and
- Oversees and collaborates in proactive manpower planning
activities associated with the rollout of complex Division
initiatives. Oversees the development and consistent application of
policies that support the growth of the division within fiscal
requirements that provide a strong ROI.
- Designs, develops, and implements the human resources strategic
plan through the understanding of the business unit's Division
business goals and objectives, operating environment, culture,
opportunities and constraint.
- Supports the business process by providing human resources
expertise that enhances communication, and facilitates the design
of strategies to attract, retain, and develop talent.
- Facilitates effective communication to provide cohesive and
productive interactions with all departments of the Human Resources
- Assesses effectiveness of the organizational structure
including staffing levels and job responsibilities. Identifies
shortcomings and recommends appropriate actions to address
development needs for all levels within the business division or
- Participates in Company-wide initiatives/projects acting as
divisional HR representative to provide direction and information
on user needs and best practices, identifying interdependencies
which have a people impact, and influencing the decisions
- Manages the process to establish and implement human resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail
pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing
medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more
than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in
community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers' and patients'
needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms
and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more
than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more
than 21,000 stores.
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and
happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy
communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a
sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations
Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired
Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its
predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of Human Resources
experience OR High School/GED and at least 9 years of Human
- Knowledge of HR strategies: workforce planning and development,
talent management, centralized HR and shared services
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local labor and employment laws
(i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA and
- Experience using time management skills such as
prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines
of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders,
resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience leading or supporting organization design and change
- Experience coaching /counseling management at the executive
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years experience of direct leadership, indirect
leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Master's Degee / MBA
- Preferred certification as PHR or SPHR as granted by HRCI
- Experience supporting nation-wide employee populations in an HR
- Ability to structure complex problems and work with
cross-functional teams to execute transformation programs.
Keywords: WALGREENS, Arlington Heights , Director, HR Business Strategy & Solutions, Walgreens Health, Human Resources , Deerfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!