Vice President, Human Resources (Field Operations)
Company: Medline Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
JOB SUMMARY Leads the planning, development, implementation, and
administration of Human Resources services for Field Operations.
Serves as the strategic business partner for Operations executive
leadership teams. Identifies/develops/implements key human
resources strategies/solutions that maximize return on investment,
revenue, profit, and organizational effectiveness. CORE JOB
- Establishes and/or implements the vision for HR initiatives and
builds buy-in from stakeholders. Formulates objectives and
priorities, drives informed decision-making using data to identify
trends, determines root causes of issues, and develops and
implements effective solutions consistent with the long-term
strategy/opportunities of the organization. Advises leadership on
change management considerations in support of key business
- Drives best practices related to selection and retention of
talent and develops action plans to respond to staffing issues and
support business growth. In partnership with Talent Acquisition
supports the recruitment and selection of candidates, analyzes
projected and current staffing needs and participates in the
interview process as needed.
- Fosters a culture of positive employee relations by counseling
and assisting leaders to maintain, identify, and implement actions
that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment.
Identify any internal and external factors that may affect employee
retention; address these issues by working in concert with
leadership and other areas of HR as needed (Compensation, benefits,
legal, organizational develop, talent acquisition) to develop
proactive strategies to meet or exceed turnover goals.
- Assesses and designs processes and programs. Evaluates the
effectiveness of current programs and identifies opportunities for
improvement. In partnership with other areas of HR ensures
processes and programs advance and support key business objectives
and initiatives. Influences the design and deployment of existing
and new programs that address the organization%26rsquo;s emerging
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting
regulations affecting the function and ensure policies, procedures,
and reporting are in compliance.
- Comprehensively evaluates the business organization relative to
such things as business and HR structure, talent, distribution of
workload, prioritization of work, headcount, processes, and morale
and makes adjustment and changes that best optimize the
effectiveness of the overall organization.
- Influences the current mindsets of executive leaders to gain
buy in for organizational change across senior leadership.
Encourages leadership to support activities that drive and foster
our desired culture. Challenges assumptions and take appropriate
risks to influence the organization.
- Works on the assessment of organizational talent. Identifies
opportunities and risks related to the workforce (e.g., talent
gaps, retention, and turnover) and recommends preventative measures
or contingency plans. Partners with leaders to align structure,
roles, and processes to organizational objectives.
- Effectively drives strong partnerships with other areas of HR,
to assure collaboration in proactively working with executives and
management to deliver value added service and workforce strategies
and programs to meet current and future business objectives of the
- Management responsibilities include:
- Typically, manages through Directors and Managers.
- Provides leadership and management to one or more major
departments of an operating unit or to a department that has
- Strategic, tactical and operational planning (24 + months) for
the function or department;
- Direct budgetary responsibility for one or more departments,
functions or major projects/programs;
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects and
- Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing
performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating
personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates,
interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational
policies. COVID-19 Vaccination Please be aware that Medline
requires all employees starting in this position to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the
successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully
vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity
employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those
individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent
with federal, state, and local law. Education
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree. Relevant Work Experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing people. At least 10
years of human resources or related experience.
- Experience in highly matrixed complex environments and
demonstrated ability to drive transformation, innovation and
improvements in operational efficiencies across multiple
interconnected businesses and teams.
- Experience demonstrating advanced analytical ability and
business, industry and financial acumen; understands the role
employees and leaders play in driving financial performance.
- Experience demonstrating initiative to identify and anticipate
client needs and effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience demonstrating expert knowledge in the use of data,
evidence based research, benchmarks, HR and business metrics to
make critical decisions.
- Experience demonstrating In-depth knowledge of Human
Resources-related laws, regulations and policy as well as
experience advanced human resources-related programs and
initiatives; able to navigate global labor laws/issues, leveraging
local partners/resources Additional
- Builds constructive & effective relationships, develops
networks and successful alliances in support of business
- Demonstrated advanced consulting skills and ability to
effectively develops, implements and apply organizational
strategies to address complex business challenges including
change/succession management, workforce planning, leadership
development and organization design.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and expertise of multiple human
resource disciplines and business practices including compensation
practices, organizational diagnosis, employee/union relations,
diversity, performance management, and regulatory compliance and
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent communication,
presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to build/foster
strong trusting relationships, influence leaders, use negotiation
skills and develop solutions to achieve results. Ability to advise
leaders on leading people through change management.
- Position requires travel at least/up to 60% of the time for
business purposes (U.S. and/or Global). PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree or MBA
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR, SPHRi)
Keywords: Medline Industries, Inc., Arlington Heights , Vice President, Human Resources (Field Operations), Human Resources , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!