Manufacturing Supervisor - Night Shift
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Round Lake
Posted on: September 24, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the role:The
Manufacturing Supervisor reports to the Associate Director of
Aseptic Filling. You are responsible for implementing and
supervising all activities in the production area at Takeda's Round
Lake, Illinois manufacturing facility. You will ensure
manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining
compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs),
environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other
required regulations. Your focus is on optimization in the use of
raw materials, equipment and employees in producing quality
products. How you will contribute:
- Provides guidance, support, direction, and leadership through
positive interactions with all employees during daily
- Supervises the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing,
material management, compliance, training and auditing activities -
to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality
- Interviews, hires, coaches, motivates, and develops staff;
conducts annual performance reviews for all team members; assists
in setting performance objectives and development plans; monitors
- Reviews, approves, and manages documentation for batch and
system records; assists in release of product for distribution;
assists in meeting product release time goals.
- Supports training programs designed to enable staff to
consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict
compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Develops and implements performance measurement and internal
auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation
efficiency and quality; implements changes as needed based on
- Performs/leads technical reviews, investigations and process
improvement projects; provides manufacturing input into integration
and validation of new equipment and processes.
- Resolves technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact
project deadlines; provides guidance and troubleshooting assistance
as needed during a deviation in the process.
- Represents the company during FDA inspections; provides
information as necessary to FDA that establishes credibility and
demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
- Performs daily Gemba walks to engage with employees and ensure
their following proper safety practices.Minimum
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability
to interface well with other departments and lead effectively in a
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical
- Ability to work safely and effectively under stressful
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present
information to groups and senior management.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups/shifts.
- High School Diploma or GED plus 4+ years of related experience
OR Bachelors' degree in science, engineering or other related
technical field and 2+ years of related experience. Some leadership
- Must be willing and able to work aligned shift.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary
work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to carry up to 30 lbs., lift up to 30lbs,
push/pull up to 30lbs (with assistance of material handling
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for an extended period over
an 8-12-hour shift between rooms and across the site.
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour shifts according to
rotating 2-2-3 yearly shift calendar: day shift 5am -5:30 pm and
night shift 5:00pm to 5:30am.What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementImportant ConsiderationsAt Takeda, our
patients rely on us to create quality products and we aim to create
a safe environment for our team members. As a result, we must
follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we
are not endangering the quality of the product or putting anyone at
the site in harm's way. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.More About UsAt
Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of
novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.In accordance with the
CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Locations USA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Arlington Heights , Manufacturing Supervisor - Night Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Round Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!