Supervisor II, Manufacturing 3rd shift Sun-Thur
Location: Round Lake
Posted on: September 14, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You
ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know
our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter s
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. Summary:
Supervise daily activities in the production area to ensure
manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining
compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), SOPs,
environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other
regulations that may apply. Monitor and insure efficiency and
effectiveness in various areas. Insure operational efficiency,
troubleshoot and investigate as necessary. Perform all duties with
a focus on optimizing safety, quality, service and cost. May
supervise more than one department. Essential Duties and
- Communicates guidance, support, direction and leadership
through effective interactions with all personnel during daily
- Supervises the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing,
material management, compliance, training and auditing activities.
Identify/prioritize/provide resources as appropriate.
- Interviews, hires, coaches, motivates, develops, recognizes and
manages performance of direct reports. Provides regular feedback to
all direct reports. Assist in setting performance objectives and
development plans and monitor progress.
- Reviews, approves, and manages documentation for batch and
system records. Assists in release of product for distribution.
Assists in meeting product release time goals.
- Identifies, initiates and facilitates continuous improvements,
lean manufacturing activities and initiatives, such as 5S, visual
management, kaizens. This role may also be responsible for
identifying and implementing VIPs.
- Insures resources and raw materials are utilized in the most
efficient and productive manner possible.
- Develops training content and facilitates and verifies
appropriate training for employees in the area.
- Ensures compliance with all GMP rules, product documentation,
specifications, SOPs, and FDA requirements as required.
- Submits and/or maintains and distributes reports related to
attendance, labor, efficiency, safety, scrap and others as
- Performs/leads technical reviews, investigations and process
- Provides manufacturing input into integration and validation of
new equipment and processes.
- Resolves technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact
project deadlines. Provides guidance and troubleshooting assistance
as needed during a deviation in the process.
- May represent the company during FDA inspections or provide
information as necessary to FDA that establishes credibility and
demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
- May monitor capital expenditures and assist in developing
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare
- Ability to understand cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines
applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present
information to groups and senior management.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime when necessary is
required. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required and 6 or more year of experience.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law. Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal
opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected
veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally
protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster
Supplement Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter
is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information. Recruitment Fraud
Notice Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 074592
Keywords: BAXTER, Arlington Heights , Supervisor II, Manufacturing 3rd shift Sun-Thur, Hospitality & Tourism , Round Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!