Retail Store Associate
Company: Thrive Chicago
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Retail Associate is responsible for ensuring our Customers have
a positive shopping experience. The Associate makes eye contact,
smiles, and greets all Customers in a courteous and friendly
manner, treats fellow Associates with respect, efficiently follows
all company best practice standards as outlined in all work
centers, maintains a clean work area at all times, and ensures
proper merchandise presentation. The Retail Associate is expected
to be engaged in these tasks as assigned during all working hours
and will be expected to perform a range of functions in all areas
of the Store as business needs require. The Associate may be
requested to perform additional tasks in specific situations, if
performance of these tasks will help achieve our Customer service
and operational goals.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to
create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
Maintains clutter free work station
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect and courtesy;
is friendly and professional at all times. Recognizes fellow
Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Assists Customers in any way necessary - is register-trained,
assists Customers with merchandise, and answers Customer questions
in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all Customers by
making eye contact, smiling and saying "hello" throughout the Store
as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all
times. Responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all
Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of
the Store Leadership when needed.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the
Company's dress code at all times.
- Performs daily assigned sizing and recovery per company best
practice to ensure a neat, clean and organized store that is
well-maintained and efficiently merchandised to standards.
- Expedites newly received merchandise receipts to the sales
floor with a sense of urgency, merchandising all items per company
best practice to the monthly presentation guidelines and
maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments
to assist Customers.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to efficiently perform their
role. Maximizes productivity by executing all Store best practices
and minimizing steps and touches in their work flow.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store
Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly
used in retail environments.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers
and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb,
carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
- Associates who work Stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly
push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Thrive Chicago, Arlington Heights , Retail Store Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Mundelein, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!