Housekeeper Full Time
Company: Charter Senior Living of Vernon Hills
Location: Vernon Hills
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Housekeeper Why Charter Senior Living?
"I believe in the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I
do this every day as I help care for our residents. They may need
extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I
am enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference
in someone's life!
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus -Charter Senior Living Associate Your
potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job". We want each of our associates to feel like they have a
career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how
you can become part of an organization that is committed to the
future of their Associates. POSITION SUMMARY The housekeeper is
responsible for the delivery of housekeeping services to each
resident in the community. You must coordinate and communicate with
all housekeeping and other team members in maintaining a holistic
perspective of service for each resident. Also, actively engage
yourself in supporting, introducing and implementing activities
that maximize each resident's identity, abilities, and interests.
Assume cleaning responsibilities for all residences and common
areas on a scheduled basis. Keep all areas of the community clean,
neat, attractive and safe for residents, guests and team members at
all times. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resident Apartments
- Change Bed Linen (linen delivery)
- Dust Furniture
- Empty Wastebaskets
- Clean and Sanitize Bathroom and Kitchenette:
- Clean toilet bowl, sinks and counters
- Tub and shower doors
- Mop floor
- Clean towels, washcloths, and bath mat
- Extra supply of toilet tissue
- Defrost Freezer, if Applicable
- Clean inside windows
- Sweep down cobwebs
- A/C filter cleaning
- Review apartments for repairs and maintenance need and then
report to Environmental Services Director or Executive
- Common Areas - including lobbies, halls, stairs, elevators,
landing areas, activity and/or game room, television room, dining
room, model units, public bathrooms, guestrooms, etc. (not
including the kitchen)
- Daily - areas as specified by community Executive Director
- Dust Furniture
- Wash Windows
- Daily - public restroom - to be cleaned and sanitized as
described above in the resident bathroom
- Weekly - areas specified by Community Executive Director
- Thorough cleaning of vacant apartments and readying them for
occupancy (vacant apartments should also be cleaned on the regular
- Laundry of linens including sorting, washing, folding and
- Maintain a housekeeping cart in a clean and orderly
- Keeping a linen and cleaning supplies inventory. Notifying
community Housekeeping Services Coordinator or Environmental
Services Director when items will need to be ordered (giving
supervisor at least a two week order time).
- Monitoring and notifying the Housekeeping Services Coordinator
or Environmental Services Director of maintenance problems.
- Maintaining Resident Rights to the best of your ability and
assisting them in the use of laundry machines, etc.
- Comply with all government laws, regulations and all company
policies regarding the cleaning and sanitizing of the
- Follow safe guidelines for the use of specific chemicals, must
be familiar with emergency procedures if chemicals are
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates to current
and prospective residents the corporate philosophy of service,
goodwill and genuine interest in the resident's unique needs.
Conduct yourself and your business at all times so as not to
detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the
property. Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse
and in a caring, polite and professional manner.
- Perform other duties that may be set by the corporation or
specified by the Executive Director, Housekeeping Services
Coordinator, or Environmental Services Director; completing all
assigned duties which may change from time to time according to
resident needs, staffing levels, and working circumstances.
- Exposure to blood/body fluid likely. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Be able to safely lift 50 pounds independently and more with
assistance. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, moving of equipment, climbing,
bending, and stooping. Requires visual acuity and the ability to
interpret requests from residents and staff. Able to climb stairs
and ladders. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Routinely performs duties in a safe and conscientious manner.
Able to follow instructions, accept constructive criticism, work
harmoniously with others, work varied shifts, able to work with
ill, disabled, elderly and emotionally upset residents. Must be
familiar with cleaning supplies and/or chemicals and their uses.
Must be clean, tidy and appropriately dressed. Knowledge of
professional cleaning equipment and supplies. Must know how to use
common house cleaning devices; brooms, mops, floor waxers, and
Keywords: Charter Senior Living of Vernon Hills, Arlington Heights , Housekeeper Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Vernon Hills, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!