Location: Island Lake
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Overview: This is a great opportunity to work as a Lab Assistant
for a global manufacturer in the food and beverage company. If you
are looking to get your foot in the door in the lab and gain some
hands on expereince this is a great position for you!
- Lab Assistant that will be assisting with Sample Prep,
Compounding, Data Entry, and basic Lab Testing on Food
- Retrieve samples from various departments including R&D,
sensory, production, etc.
- Work closely with the Chief Chemist, the Samples Lab Manager,
and the Flavor Chemists
- Assist with the shipping and receiving of samples to/from both
Clients as well as other internal labs
- Must follow standard instructions to measure or weigh dyes,
chemicals, and other substances into the batch mixing
- They must check for consistency in various batches and measure
the viscosity of the mixtures and document the results.
- Follow sanitary guidelines and SOPs to ensure a safe and clean
- Work in a faced paced environment able to multi-task and
perform under pressure while remaining flexible.
- Instruments: pH meter, viscosity, color meter, water activity
meterAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in the Sciences (chemistry, biology, Food
Science, etc.) is Preferred
- Must have some hand on Lab Experience, specifically with Sample
Prep or Compounding
- Display basic math skills
- Ability to multitask or handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Good communication skills verbal and written. Able to
communicate with all levels of the organization including technical
- Experience working with Food and Food Safety Guidelines (HACCP,
GMP, and SQF) experience is a plusExperience Level:Entry Level
About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our
scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and
results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Arlington Heights , Laboratory Assistant, Healthcare , Island Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...