Quality Lab Associate I- 1st Shift Weekends
Location: Round Lake
Posted on: November 16, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. This is a
weekend role Saturday/Sunday 10AM -8:30PM and two days during the
week.Summary:The Position encompasses the biological, chemical and
physical analyses on pharmaceutical products (biologics and drugs)
through all stages of the manufacturing process from incoming raw
materials to finished goods, and environmental monitoring
programs.This is a first shift position that will be required to
work on weekends to support training of analysts and to support
projects and/or production, as required.A candidate must not be
allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporin or their related products
and /or materials.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct critical chemical and physical analyses on Raw
Materials, Initial, In-process and Final products, and samples
collected from environmental monitoring programs at Baxter
manufacturing facilities. Work under minimum supervision.
- Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation (HPLC, FTIR, UV,
GC etc) and computer systems to collect and record data.
- Perform advanced assays requiring precise analytical skills and
understanding of biology and chemistry principles.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs
and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
- Participate in functions involving teams, which impact
production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost
savings and improve quality.
- Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit
and update, as required, plant SOPs.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as
- Document the completion of testing in Notebooks, Controlled
documents, Forms and LIMS and maintain accurate and complete
- Follow, understand and comply with Baxter SOP's and policies on
cGMP's and safety. Maintain a clean, safe and organized lab area,
and potentially assume responsibility to ensure that others
maintain their lab areas.
- Investigate deviations and write exception/OOL/OOS/OOT
- Support improvement projects and drive efficiency through
utilization of LEAN management principles (i/e/ 6S, Kaizens
- Proactively and cooperatively communicate with peers and
management to ensure awareness of progress and issues; recommend
solutions when issues arise.
- Maintain and meet the highest standards in quality, customer
service and regulatory compliance.
- Other projects as assigned.Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Empower CDS and LIMS is preferred but not
- Knowledge of GLP, cGMP requirements and familiar with USP/ICH
guidelines is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude in a highly
- Ability to lift up to 50 pound when required
- Must not be color blind
- Occasional weekend work requiredEducation and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Science related degree with 6
months or more of experience The successful candidate for this job
may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated
against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for
individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that
prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law. Equal
Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer.
Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information. Recruitment Fraud Notice Baxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 081963
Keywords: BAXTER, Arlington Heights , Quality Lab Associate I- 1st Shift Weekends, Healthcare , Round Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!